What's new

Creepy Crawlies!

I found this tiny little jumper today. it is only about a 1/4 inch or so long. Panasonic GX85, Olympus 60mm macro, 26mm extension tubes
P1170211(rc1,3rs).jpg

Thanks, phones take good pics these days!
I was wondering depth of field looks too good to be true for a larger sensor. Did you use clip on diopter, or does it focus that close. Sharpness, colors and image quality are great! Background blur looks good too.

I was wondering depth of field looks too good to be true for a larger sensor. Did you use clip on diopter, or does it focus that close. Sharpness, colors and image quality are great! Background blur looks good too.
Taken about a foot away and cropped after, no lens attachments. I could get it a bit sharper if the bug was on a branch etc, I've got my left hand with the bug moving slightly and my right hand with the phone moving a bit more probably!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Beautiful markings, but yeah not one I would want in the house!
Yes the Brown Widow is stunning, especially when the light reflects off them outdoors at night. There where a lot of them where I was living, but they were new to the area by a couple of years.

Yes the Brown Widow is stunning, especially when the light reflects off them outdoors at night. There where a lot of them where I was living, but they were new to the area by a couple of years.
Where are you located? I've heard they are becoming established in the southerns US. From what I've read they may be more venomous than there black cousins, but aren't as likely to bite and don't inject nearly as much venom.

Top Bottom