What's new

Creed Windsor Split

Mine was a 30ml size. I would have to say that it should have. However, I promptly further decanted it to a 5ml atomizer of the type that I place all my colognes into for economy and uniformity of storage, uniformity of atomizer, and the added security in case of accidental damage, I would still have 25ml left as a reserve. I guess I am a bit anal on those points, but this way I have all my fragrances that I will actually use at my fingertips, in one easy to access location, and do not inadvertently over apply a seldom used fragrance due to the fact that some atomizers are really more like sprayers.

That being said, there was nothing about the level of "juice" in the bottle that would have given me even the slightest worry about installing the atomizer, so I would have to say that it would have fit with no spillage at all.

The scent is great, and I have to thank you again for all the effort that you have placed into this split. I, and I think quite a few fellow members now have not only the opportunity to try this unique fragrance, but also have enough in reserve to actually use and enjoy it. Albeit if only on rare occasions. That's still a lot more than most of us ever dreamed of before.

Bob

I'm really happy this worked out so well for you guys.

So Evan, when are you getting started on the Spice and Wood split? :001_tongu

Got it today! The atomizer fit with no overflow worries. I'm going to post my thoughts now in another thread!

Thanks again, Evan

The juice just arrived. Thanks again, Evan. I suppose we ought to get to sniffing and posting comments!

Intentionally I initially sniffed this scent without even glancing at anything said about this frag or even letting myself try to remember what I had heard about it. Initial impression: Big blast of what is a dead-on version of honeysuckle to me, with enough backbone not to seem at all feminine. I like honeysuckle a lot!

Initial transition: The honey suckle appears to have rose and pine components, and citrus, probably tending toward lime, rather than lemon or orange at first, but as dray down continues, I would say there is orange or some sort or another (which could be neroli, bergamot, etc.) starting to comie through.

Creed says:

■Top notes: Windsor is a tour of the British Empire Edward once ruled. Its top note is British gin, Jamaican lime and a touch of Scottish highland pine.
■Middle notes: "Duke of Windsor" roses, those he preferred in his own garden, the Nuits de Young variety
■Bottom notes: Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar and a dab of Australian eucalyptus.

Seems reasonable, although what I am smelling as honeysuckle must be thought by Creed to me gin, which I suppose would be the same as junniper. I do not know. I might not be good with gin. I might have to look up some other scent that is supposed to be gin, and see what that smells like to me.

Rose in the middle makes a lot of sense. And not a dark rose. I guess I do not know the Nuits de Young variety.

In the bottom, Bahamian orange and Canadian cedar, makes sense to me. The cedar is subtle, but there has to be some wood in there holding down the bottom.

"a dab of Australian eucalyptus"--must be really subtle, I do not smell any eucalyptus, but there is a little bit of a nose tickle from something in there to me.

Mostly honey suckle and rose so far though, with other ingredients that are keeping masculine for a floral. Seems strong enough, but relatively subtle. Seems versatile and made of quality ingredients. Nice frag!

EDIT: I just read the reviews on B&B. Should have done that previously! Lots of good stuff in those reviews. I guess so far the one area of disagreement I would have is that folks seem to think of this as special event frag. So far, to me it seems like it would work every day to me. I think many lighter roses are going to see special eventy perhaps as sort of jumping out from the normal types of scents men wear. So maybe that is way folks think this is special event only.

Also, there is some said about this being the best "rose" folks have every smelled. I think there are dark roses that are every bit as good. This frag to me, as I said above, manages a neat trick, it a light rose, and a fresh rose (Floris 89 is light but it seems dry and even dusty to me) and bright (I do not really know how to characterize DC 1913's rose, but it does not seem as "bright" to me at all), but yet it seems quite masculine. Virtually every other rose I would consider light, seems at base feminine. (I guess I am not sure exactly how to characterize Labo 31, which is a heck of a rose, too, and might not be exactly dark!)

Last edited:
Nice post up there, Sir Knight (The Knize)! Excellent write-up. I wish I could wax as eloquent when it came to describing what I smell in the frag world. Spot on, amigo.

Evan, you're the KING of packaging. The wonderful fragrance arrived this afternoon in a package so secure that you'd think nuclear weapons were inside!

Thank you for all your hard work.

Welcome, guys. Thanks for letting me know they've arrived, and for the kind words. Glad they all seem to be arriving unscathed.

Enjoy! :thumbup1:

My package arrived today as well. :w00t:

Like Ken said, the stuff was packed as if it were a nuke. It's been so long since my TPC decant ran dry that I had to wear it right away.

40 mins. on the elliptical, a quick shower and finally... a prolonged spritz of Windsor!

As they say deep in the piney woods of east Texas...

"dang, I sure do stink good!"

Not as eloquent as Robbie, but you get the drift.

Thanks again Evan for handling this buy. You get my vote for B&B'er of the year. :thumbup::thumbup:

The Windsor arrived yesterday in perfect condition. Excellent packaging and communication through out. Great job putting this together Evan!

Top Bottom