What's new

Creed Virgin Island Water

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Has anyone tried this? If so what is it like? What are the Creed mens fragrances that you do like or have tried?

I have a bottle. So different than the others i have. Very lush, sweet but not too sweet and delicious scent.

i’ve have a bunch of small decants, but bought GIT, original vetiver, VIW, .. I’d have more but resources and other houses/perfumers.

I have Aventus and Silver Mountain Water.

Both great; Aventus is a LOT more forward. SMW is a lower key scent. Both are fantastic. I use Aventus in the spring/summer and SMW in the fall/winter.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
You can grab samples for decent prices on the bay website.

GIT and VIW are my 2 favorite Creeds. I’m honestly not crazy about the rest of their scents, even the revered Aventus. I find many of them boring or generic, although the quality of fragrance oils used is admittedly much better.

The reason I love GIT and VIW is they succeed at conjuring up something in my memory. GIT smells clean and green like the name implies and makes me think of of spring days in the park as a kid. VIW smells fresh and refreshing and makes me think of summer vacation. They’re both wonderful.

The rest of the Creed line is just well executed yet generic fragrances that smell nice, but don’t excite me. Of course this is all based on preference.

I’m wearing VIW right now; it’s THE summer frag for me. My other faves from Creed, in order are:
Spice and Wood
Viking
Aventus
Pure White
GIT
MI
OV
But VIW trumps them all when the heat is on. Part of it may be that it just doesn’t seem suited for fall and winter, so you gotta get while the getting’s good.
Original Santal is the only Creed I’ve tried that I didn’t bond with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIW is the perfect beach/vacation scent. There are a lot of other great ones, so I recommend getting samples to try. My personal favorites are Bois du Portugal and Royal Oud.

VIW is a fresh lime with a strong, sweet coconut base and a subtle vanilla/rum throughout. Pretty awesome blend, works really well for both men and women. I'm not a huge fan of the dry down, but opening and heart are well worth it. I wouldn't be without it, although it's my wife who uses it most of the time.

My other go-to Creeds are Original Vetiver and Green Irish Tweed.

While I do enjoy my Creeds, I also strongly believe they are overrated and overpriced, hyped and too synthetic at times. I'd always suggest sampling first, before dropping the money on one.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom