What's new

Creed Viking

Any thoughts on this one so far? I got a spray of it at the Creed counter over the weekend. Seemed nice although perhaps derivative of other Creed scents. Had a nice piney/green note in the opening, but I could not tell whether it stuck around. Seemed very much a Creed scent. The lady at the counter told me it has been a big seller for them.

I also got a spray of Aventus. I still do not get the clearly massive appeal of this one, but based on "popular vote" I am clearly wrong. When I mentioned this to the counter lady she suggested I might like GIT better. I apparently have no cred with the Creed counter lady!

The Labo guy was more respectful! <g>

I haven't had the opportunity to test Viking yet, but I am curious. I heard there is a fairly prominent peppermint note, which sounds nice. Are you going to spring for a full bottle?

As far as Aventus goes, I don't think it merits the overwhelming attention it gets (no fragrance could), but I do enjoy it quite a bit. It has grown on me with each wearing, and now it has become one of my most worn fragrances.

<Are you going to spring for a full bottle?>

You do not know me at all, jdp93! <g> A full bottle purchase of anything is very rare for me. I might go for a small decant or split share, just to get to know the scent. It seemed nice, but I was not blown away. I did not notice the peppermint note, but it makes sense. Sniffing conditions were not ideal and my nose is out of practice.

<it has become one of my most worn fragrances.>

I am alone on this, I know!

Haven't experienced it. I do like Aventus a lot and GIT even more, but for my sad finances, all are too expensive for a full bottle purchase. I also like their Silver Mountain Water, so I guess the odds are good that Viking would at least be acceptable to me.

I guess this is a premium priced Creed release?! I think I agree with Jeremy of Jeremy's fragrances on this one. (I like his pronunciation!) Not worth $495 a bottle. Does not seem up to say Mayfair or whatever they are calling it these days, the old Windsor, which is just a stone home run. I would have to live with it to make a better evaluation.

Kind of a neat name for a Creed fragrance. I haven't been paying much attention to their current production--trying to work my way through my current Creed stockpile. Maybe I'll give it a try--plus it will give me a chance to see if they have any old bottles of REL stashed away under the counter.

I finally received the sample of Viking I had signed up for many weeks ago, and I loved it at first spray. I didn't expect it to be as light and fresh as it is, but those misconceptions were instantly brushed away. I get a peppery citrus opening with some mint and woody notes underneath. I went to that sample for three straight days...for me, it's an instant classic. I've ordered a 30ml decant and will be loving having this in the rotation.

I finally received the sample of Viking I had signed up for many weeks ago, and I loved it at first spray. I didn't expect it to be as light and fresh as it is, but those misconceptions were instantly brushed away. I get a peppery citrus opening with some mint and woody notes underneath. I went to that sample for three straight days...for me, it's an instant classic. I've ordered a 30ml decant and will be loving having this in the rotation.

Oooh there is hope. Hopefully mine arrives.

Jeremy Fragrances refers to the rose content of Viking and says it is a nice addition in that there are not many male rose scents out there. He does not mention Mayfair, or for that matter scents like 88 and many of the Montales. Going by the notes list from Creed one would expect prominent rose. Hard for me to remember, but I suspect there is some rose in there, well-blended with other things.

TNH, they say this is the first male new release from Creed since 2010's Aventus, but I think I know what you mean by Creed's "current production." Basenotes lists Royal Mayfair as having been released in 2015, though, even though it was out as Windsor before that, I am not sure whether before 2010 or not. The years certainly go passing by!

I really like Viking, it's in heavy rotation in my collection. It's really a wonderful, fresh scent, and very multi-dimensional. I am constantly picking up different notes every time I wear it. Highly recommended.

Tried the sample, right now it's not for me. Something in it makes me slightly dizzy.

Hopefully it grows on me, it's always nice to add something new to the rotation.

Okay here is my take from my sample. I think I have worn it three times maybe four.
I thought the sent was going to be more manly. Viking makes me think of an aquatic with some wood and smoke with maybe some musk.
It is more mass appealing and fresh. I didn't like it at first but I started to like it more. I did also get a few compliments. If it was not so expensive I would consider buying it. Maybe if it starts showing up in the discount sites. Still a big maybe though

I picked up a bottle last Friday and absolutely love it. I am, admittedly, a Creed fanboy. This scent has replace Aventus as my favorite, and it lasts a very long time. It is perfect for winter!

Nobody else remember like Caraceni? Think it the epitome of masculine rose if not classic scent of Mayfair and Hammam Bouquet (would love to find vintage bottles of both)

Anyway agree on the big 4 Creed - even if there is a strong family resemblance lurking in the undertones. Anybody care for Virgin Island Water? Contemplating a purchase for summer.

Nobody else remember like Caraceni? Think it the epitome of masculine rose if not classic scent of Mayfair and Hammam Bouquet (would love to find vintage bottles of both)
I like Caraceni, although I never got around to buying a whole bottle. Still have a fairly large decant. I never cared much for Hammam, but maybe I'd feel different if I tried it now. I think that my favorite rose is C&S 88, although I also liked the Alain Delon one that had a rose note to it. Was that Iquitos? I had a sample many moons ago, but by then it was out of production. My wife has had a couple of Montale roses, and I thought those were very nice too.

Many like Montale. Bringing in a bunch of Caraceni bottles fr Italy if anybody interested. None avail here for over a year

Really prefer 88 to Mayfair (lt) or Caraceni (drk)?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Many like Montale. Bringing in a bunch of Caraceni bottles fr Italy if anybody interested. None avail here for over a year

Really prefer 88 to Mayfair (lt) or Caraceni (drk)?

Does that include their Green Ivy scent?

Top Bottom