What's new

Creed Vetiver

Hope you got it by now!

By the way, I did some investigative eBay work and found that "786hoodas" buys the big 8oz bottles from "creedirect" on ebay. So, I've decided to go for the same source of juice for my 4oz purchase of a tester through "creedirect".

Still waiting...

I thought I would have it by now, but waiting two weeks for mail from the US is not strange. I received an order from Charles on Friday that was sent at the same time.

I am guessing that I will receive it on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). If not, an e-mail to this seller is in order.

Finally received the samples today! I have not had a chance to really check them out yet, but off-the-cuff I really like the Vetiver and GIT.

water said:
Finally received the samples today! I have not had a chance to really check them out yet, but off-the-cuff I really like the Vetiver and GIT.
Goodness! The suspense is a killer. Please provide an update as soon as possible.

Ouch. Is that post dripping with sarcasm or are the limitations of Internet messageboard conversation peeking through?

water said:
Ouch. Is that post dripping with sarcasm or are the limitations of Internet messageboard conversation peeking through?
No, I have a choice of Creed or L'Occitane... Perhaps you are too accute?
Added:
I would really like to know how long the fragrance lingers.. The only reason I am looking beyond the R&G is it really tends to fade after an hour or two.. Forgive my impatience, but I've been waiting about two weeks to get the run down.

Ron, my apologies. In messageboard conversations it is often hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic. I will have to dial down my sarcasm radar.

I was planning on wearing the Vetiver tomorrow and will let you know how it lasts. I can certainly understand Jef's earlier claim that it was very "grassy" as that is indeed the note that stands out.

water said:
Ron, my apologies. In messageboard conversations it is often hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic. I will have to dial down my sarcasm radar.

I was planning on wearing the Vetiver tomorrow and will let you know how it lasts. I can certainly understand Jef's earlier claim that it was very "grassy" as that is indeed the note that stands out.
I think that is a reasonable note though. The R&G has that, but also some other slightly earthy, not as much as say patchoulli, but almost smoky. So you would tend to believe that it would last? No? No!
Some of the gents were telling me the L'Occitane is absolutely "to die for." Here in the midcontinent there is no way to tell. I called L'Occitane in New Jersey and offered to pay for samples, but to no avail. Are you a "behind the ear dabber" and "on the neck" kinda' guy? or do you do "chest and arms" too for the fragrance? Sorry to get personal, but I can't make a determination any other way as to the endurance of the fragrance.

It depends on the fragrance really. Generally I dab a touch behind my ears. Sometimes I will also dab a little at the base of my neck.

This afternoon I placed a little Vetiver on my left wrist and GIT on my right wrist. It has only been about two hours, but both a holding up quite well thus far.

The Vetiver smells incredibly clean, I am enjoying it. I apologize for not describing it a little better. The GIT is also nice... decisions, decisions...

No sarcasm. I am excited. I look forward to a full report! This is worth waiting to hear. I wish you could get into some of the L'Occitane Vetiver edT too.
water said:
It depends on the fragrance really. Generally I dab a touch behind my ears. Sometimes I will also dab a little at the base of my neck.

This afternoon I placed a little Vetiver on my left wrist and GIT on my right wrist. It has only been about two hours, but both a holding up quite well thus far.

The Vetiver smells incredibly clean, I am enjoying it. I apologize for not describing it a little better. The GIT is also nice... decisions, decisions...

The Vetiver turned out quite nicely I think. It is a very clean scent, with a predominant "grass" note. It is soft, but in a good way. My nose cannot pick up any hint of spice or anything of that nature. I have read one review that claimed it was "soapy" in a good way, and I would agree with that. It brings to mind fresh, wet grass.

I put it on this morning before work. One dab behind each ear and one at the base of my throat. At first it was very strong and filled my bedroom, but settled nicely. It was a big fear that I might smell like I bathed in the stuff, but a female co-worker thought it was quite nice and could only be noticed when she was fairly close to me.

It has faded a fair bit now (about ten hours later) but I can still notice it.

If I could have only one cologne I am not sure this would be it, but I would certainly want it in my collection. I think I may try to pick up a bottle via e-bay.

In the past weeks, I've been continually amazed at the complexity of these fragrances and the way they totally take on different personalities throughout the day and in different situations. Its made me rethink ones that I cast aside, almost to the point that I feel I need one of each!

Case in point. Today I dabbed on the Millesime Imperial sample, my third favorite of the bunch of 6 i received. I'm not a huge fan of the jolly-rancher like melon topnote that it has (its ok i suppose, but not my favorite), but that note only lasts about 30 minutes anyways. It drys down to a very pleasant fragrance that is musky and bergamoty. But, I go to the gym this afternoon, spend about 45 minutes on the treadmill, and this stuff comes alive! I mean, its fantastic! Its odd to say it, but I must have been the best smelling person at the gym. And this was hours upon hours after I put it on. It was energizing actually, and it had so much more vibrance.

I'm gonna give the Vetiver another shot tomorrow.

I had the same experience as Water with the Creed Vetiver. Very nice but I like the Floris Vetiver better.

Top Bottom