What's new

Creed Split - Round 1: Feuilles Vertes, Selection Verte, Windsor

it will dry down after an hour or two, to a very nice rose.

I was expecting to be completely floored by Windsor. I think I set my expectations way too high.

I think i am in the same boat, I was expecting some serious wow factor with everyone saying its one of the best things creed has put out recently. It seems like a womans' scent, starts out like jasmine or gardenia and just stays that way for 3 hours then when that finally fades away it smells like vetiver. Strange because none of those notes are even close to what is listed in the pyramid...juniper, lime, pine, eucalyptus, cedar, orange and rose are all very distinct notes, none of which I detect! I am so confused! :confused1

So it looks like all US shipped packages have been received. I hope you all enjoy your scents ordered.

So far I love windsor, feel like SV will be a nice late spring/summer scent, and I'm still on the fence about FV.

To all of you that have said "Thank you", you're more than welcome! I really enjoyed putting this together for everyone and would definitely consider doing it again (but with probably only two scents next time, three was a lot). The wife even said I can keep the empty flacons to decorate my bathroom when we move in a few months :thumbup:

Got mine Friday! Thanks for putting this together and for all of the work that went into it. The Windsor is great, very classey! I really like the mint in SV, smells very clean. I'm just not sure about the FV yet, I'll have to wear it a few times.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I received mine, and have to say that I'm on the fence with F.V. It does smell good, but I don't know that I would buy a bottle. S.V. on the other hand, this brings me to about 50ml's that I own. I would definitely drop down for a Flacon once I run out. Very nice fresh, minty scent.

I feel the same way - I really like it quite a lot (smelling it on my wrist right now actually) but the cost does it for me. SV on the other hand while still expensive I find to be equally appealing and well crafted and at a much more approachable price point.

I received mine, and have to say that I'm on the fence with F.V. It does smell good, but I don't know that I would buy a bottle. S.V. on the other hand, this brings me to about 50ml's that I own. I would definitely drop down for a Flacon once I run out. Very nice fresh, minty scent.

I think i am in the same boat, I was expecting some serious wow factor with everyone saying its one of the best things creed has put out recently. It seems like a womans' scent, starts out like jasmine or gardenia and just stays that way for 3 hours then when that finally fades away it smells like vetiver. Strange because none of those notes are even close to what is listed in the pyramid...juniper, lime, pine, eucalyptus, cedar, orange and rose are all very distinct notes, none of which I detect! I am so confused!

While I didn't purchase it from this split, I agree with your sentiments that it was underwhelming in light of the reviews. It certainly isn't bad, gets no negative response from anybody when I wear it, but I felt it had little impact and faded quickly.

Having now worn all three of the scents from this split (two from the split, one from another source), I'd rank Selection Verte as my favorite of the three. I find it to be a very refreshing, natural-smelling green scent. Fuelles Vertes is nice, but, as others have said, not bottle-worthy for the price, especially if Selection Verte is available (even aside from the fact that Mrs. Obsessed does not like FV). I'm enjoying Windsor, but I couldn't see myself purchasing a flacon.

I'm the lone Canadian who participated so think mine will likely roll in this week.I have tried a wee little sample of Windsor and on my skin the pyramid of notes that are described are bang on. The conifer and citrus notes 'pop' to the extent that a lady described it as smelling, to paraphrase slightly, 'like Christmas'. I'm trying to sample my way through a lot of the Creed scents that sound interesting and have found that some seem to almost disappear on me after a short while. Bois du Portugal, Himalaya and Windsor are the only ones that seem to work on me, smell basically as described and have some staying power.All that to say, yeah, scents can behave differently on different people. It's making my explorations frustrating but it's rewarding to find that odd little gem that works. My noobish two cents...

Is SV more green or more mint?

I don't like green vetiver type scents. Smells too much like outdoor grass.

I do like minty scents. The only one I have is my recently purchased Cartier Roadster and I like it.

I'd actually say it's more green than mint, at least on the drydown. It's interesting how we perceive things differently.

And that's why I love fragrances. I'm actually wearing SV today and after 6 hours I still have mostly mint with a hit of green holding it up.

Windsor doesn't seem to have much longevity on me - I applied it around 8am, 1:30pm now and it's very faint.

The difference in the longevity thing never ceases to amaze me. I get 18+ hours out of Windsor, if not more. Easily. That's w/only a couple of sprays. Maybe you just get a little anosmic to it?

The difference in the longevity thing never ceases to amaze me. I get 18+ hours out of Windsor, if not more. Easily. That's w/only a couple of sprays. Maybe you just get a little anosmic to it?

I'm putting my nose to my wrist and sniffing. It's faint.

That was my problem with FV. I could still smell the roses on my wrist when I woke in the morning. Showering before bed didn't even wash it off. ughhh!

Top Bottom