Silver Mountain water
Acier Aluminum
Royal English Leather
Green Valley
Erolfa
Millesime Imperial
Chevrefeuille Original
Windsor

I'll give opinions as I go along. Should I wear a fragrance over a week to decide or is a full day good enough for most of you?

Feel free to add your own impressions.:thumbup1: :thumbdown.

I did the Creed 5 sample pack. My favorites are:

1. Scottish Royal Lavender
2. Green Valley
3. Green Irish Tweed
4. Bois du Portugal
5. Tabarome Millesime

People keep saying that GIT smells like Cool Water. I have Cool Water and like it so it will be interesting to compare.

Hello all, my very first post here. I have been reading away at this wealth of perfume knowledge and came across this thread. Anyways, I purchased Creed GIT today. Wow $260 at regular price!

It does smell very good, and very similar to Cool water. I read the ingredients and it was said to have ambergris, is this true? If it is the artificial stuff then should there be another name for it?

Great selection. I will be curious to see what You think of some of them. I have GIT and SMW. Great stuff and now on the hunt for OV and MI.

Great selection. I will be curious to see what You think of some of them. I have GIT and SMW. Great stuff and now on the hunt for OV and MI.

I love OV. Really want to try Green Valley and may sample EROLFA. Although w/aquatics I'm always super curious and interested in having them, yet get bored with them later, so w/EROLFA I should probably hold off.

Hello all, my very first post here. I have been reading away at this wealth of perfume knowledge and came across this thread. Anyways, I purchased Creed GIT today. Wow $260 at regular price!

It does smell very good, and very similar to Cool water. I read the ingredients and it was said to have ambergris, is this true? If it is the artificial stuff then should there be another name for it?

I think they call the synthetic version of ambergris Ambrox, which is a copyrighted synthetic. I have a feeling very, very few fragrances can afford to use real ambergris anymore. My own theory-- just educated guessing mind you -- is that some of the older Creeds probably DO contain real ambergris. Royal English Leather, Vintage Tabarome, Royal Scottish Lavender and perhaps some others.

Creeds are very much know for heavy use of ambergris. Many of their scents have a similar "vibe" as a result. I know GIT has been said to contain ambergris indeed. If they list it, I'd guess it's true but who knows.

Congrats on buying GIT. I rebought a bottle last week. Oft compared to Cool Water (usually in a a fairly derogatory manner), it is indeed a modern classic. Probably the scent that put Creed on the map for many men back in the mid 80s.

Last edited:

I think SMW is a great fragrance. Oddly, when I used it last year for a while I got poor longevity, but I tried it again yesterday and it lasted all day. Maybe it's trying to tell me something . . .

I love OV. Really want to try Green Valley and may sample EROLFA. Although w/aquatics I'm always super curious and interested in having them, yet get bored with them later, so w/EROLFA I should probably hold off.

Erolfa is nice. I need to use my sample a few more times before making up my mind on it.

I think SMW is a great fragrance. Oddly, when I used it last year for a while I got poor longevity, but I tried it again yesterday and it lasted all day. Maybe it's trying to tell me something . . .

After monkeying around with frags for quite while now, I've come to the conclusion that some of these scents don't really present themselves in just a couple of test wears. I wouldn't know how to explain it.

Recently found that I like a lot Guerlains, but it took wearing them a few times to realize it. Recently dusted off my Creed Vetiver 1948 and was surprised at how it was pounding away all day long. I didn't remember experiencing that t all.

After monkeying around with frags for quite while now, I've come to the conclusion that some of these scents don't really present themselves in just a couple of test wears. I wouldn't know how to explain it.

Recently found that I like a lot Guerlains, but it took wearing them a few times to realize it. Recently dusted off my Creed Vetiver 1948 and was surprised at how it was pounding away all day long. I didn't remember experiencing that t all.

I have definitely come to the realization that I need to try out colognes several times before buying them. (Particularly the expensive ones! :scared:) I've noticed that my opinion of many of them changes, both positively and negatively, over the course of a few test wears.

With regard to SMW longevity, I actually thought it might be the result of the weather, because I think I last used it sometime in the winter. My impression is that scents don't last as long in dry cold weather.

I have definitely come to the realization that I need to try out colognes several times before buying them. (Particularly the expensive ones! :scared:) I've noticed that my opinion of many of them changes, both positively and negatively, over the course of a few test wears.

With regard to SMW longevity, I actually thought it might be the result of the weather, because I think I last used it sometime in the winter. My impression is that scents don't last as long in dry cold weather.

StylinLA said:

Thanks that's very helpful. I'll post initial impressions based on a week (since the samples aren't that large).

It's possible that the brain can focus on certain aspects of the scents and as it gets used to them it can find more subtleties with more use.

It may just be me vertigo, but the little dab vials I have a tough time with. I guess I've gotten so used to sprayers, it helps me better control the "dose" and relate the application to other scents I use all the time.

You're sampling some pricey stuff, so make sure it's something you really like before buying. You've got a great selection there. Creed takes a lot of flak for their arrogance and aloofness and pricing but they make a lot - a lot - of really good men's scents.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Green Valley...I was a little indifferent at first but after trying it several times, its awesome!!

It may just be me vertigo, but the little dab vials I have a tough time with. I guess I've gotten so used to sprayers, it helps me better control the "dose" and relate the application to other scents I use all the time.

You're sampling some pricey stuff, so make sure it's something you really like before buying. You've got a great selection there. Creed takes a lot of flak for their arrogance and aloofness and pricing but they make a lot - a lot - of really good men's scents.

I think these samplers are tiny sprayers. It'll be interesting to see how they work. Most colognes are fairly expensive and that is all the more reason to sample. You don't want to buy something you end up hating, I agree.

The UPS is getting closer. :lol:

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Green Valley...I was a little indifferent at first but after trying it several times, its awesome!!

I couldn't agree more with Green Valley! I once read somewhere that it brought together a lot of similarities between GIT and SMW and I couldn't agree any more!! There was something in the SMW and GIT that would give me nasty headaches, but the GV is just as pleasant as punch. Now, I can save on having to buy both, and just use GV!

I will be sampling many more Creeds! I think Virgin Island Water and Acier Aluminum are both on my next list. Thank goodness for decants!

Top Bottom