What's new

Creed Cologne Question

Good Afternoon!

I have recently discovered Creed cologne at my local Nordstrom’s department store. The two samples I brought home where

Green Irish Tweed

Oud

I would love your opinion on what Creed scents you like. I enjoy more of the woodys scents. Here are some of the colognes that I have to give you an idea of my liking. I have to say I really liked Green Irish Tweed.

I have

Polo Green Aftershave balm
Tiffany for Him
Blue De Chanel Parfum
Tom Ford
Tom Ford Noir
Tom Ford Velieter
YSL intense Parfum
Burberry Touch
Burrberry
Hanae Mori

I wear Chanel the most. But I would like to invest in creed. That last forever. Just one spray lasted me more than 24 hours. Even lingered after I showered. I am looking to up my game with my dressing and my scent.

Thank you for your time.

I realize Creed is a touchy topic because so many consumers go gaga over their fragrances. I have sampled ALL Creed fragrances and can honestly say that I LOVE only one fragrance. And that is Royal Mayfair. The first few times I tried and wore it, I liked it, but it is a scent that requires getting to know it. But once I did, I adored the rose, gin, lime combination and it works any time of year. It also happens to be the least expensive of the Creed stable.

I have not liked GIT and Aventus or any of the other offerings. For that kind of money, you can get better, absolute knock-out fragrances from other houses that are more unique for less, IMO.

I realize Creed is a touchy topic because so many consumers go gaga over their fragrances. I have sampled ALL Creed fragrances and can honestly say that I LOVE only one fragrance. And that is Royal Mayfair. The first few times I tried and wore it, I liked it, but it is a scent that requires getting to know it. But once I did, I adored the rose, gin, lime combination and it works any time of year. It also happens to be the least expensive of the Creed stable.

I have not liked GIT and Aventus or any of the other offerings. For that kind of money, you can get better, absolute knock-out fragrances from other houses that are more unique for less, IMO.
Could you expand on the other knockouts? I have Creed Aventus also and for the money: well it just doesn't race my motor if you know what I mean. Thanks David

Could you expand on the other knockouts? I have Creed Aventus also and for the money: well it just doesn't race my motor if you know what I mean. Thanks David

Happy to give you some recommendations. What fragrances do you currently/generally like/love? That'll help me narrow the reccos.

Of the ones I've tried samples of, this would be my ranking:
Bois Du Portugal
Royal Mayfair
Green Irish Tweed
Aventus
Himalaya

It's so hard to say what someone else will like, so I will give the boring answer and say you should sample as much as you can. The most popular ones seem to be Aventus and GIT. Not that this is worth anything, but my personal favorites, in order, are:
Bois du Portugal
Millesime Imperial
Royal Oud
GIT
Original Vetiver

Also...what kind of performance are you looking for? Massive longevity and sillage or are you OK with softer sillage and medium longevity?
Something that's not spice-woodsey or lemon-lime. I have vetiver and it really doesn't hit the spot. However terre dhermes is my favorite. Got to go. Check back with your later today. Thanks

Something that's not spice-woodsey or lemon-lime. I have vetiver and it really doesn't hit the spot. However terre dhermes is my favorite. Got to go. Check back with your later today. Thanks

First of all, if you like TdH, you'll probably love Aventus, but back to what I was going to tell you....if you like TdH and want to find Creed alternatives and avoid spice-woods and lemon-lime, here are my top picks:

Warm/Nice weather scents (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Floris No 89: Classic scent revolving around orange/neroli/rose/ylang ylang
- Penhaligon's Castile: Orange Blossom/Petitgrain/musk
- Diptyque Eau des Sens: Orange Blossom/bitter orange/juniper
- CdG Monocle Laurel: Bay Leaf/Pepper
- Antiga Barbearia do Bairro "Ribeira Porto": Orange, Jasmine and Magnolia. Super classy.
- Parfums de Nicolai "Cologne Sologne": Neroli, orange blossom, rosemary, benzoin, musk

Cool/Rainy weather scents (Fall, Winter, Early Spring)
- Floris Leather Oud: Oud, leather, geranium. Class in a bottle. Some prefer "Honey Oud", but I find it too feminine.
- Houbigant Fougere Royale: Lavender, green, sage, floral, amber.
- Geo F Trumper "Curzon": Oakmoss / labdanum
- Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques "Xeryus": Clary sage, basil, amber
- Les Parfums de Nicolai "New York" (not the intense version): Oakmoss, lavender, animalic, and musk. Masterpiece.

Given your no-spice/woods and no-lime/lemon directive, this narrowed the field significantly. I would also recommend you sample tons of stuff. I use Luckyscent and Surrender to Chance.

Best of luck.

I must be the only person who doesn't like GIT .

Not quite the only one. 🙂

I don't really dislike it, but I'm very surprised it's as popular as it is. It's the one fragrance I wear for just the compliments I get. It does very little for me personally.

I love the house, however, my favorites being

Aventus
Bois de Portugal
Virgin Island Water
Royal Oud

Very quality juice, IMO.

C

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
..there are only a few that I would replace if I could....Vetiver (1948), Bois du Santal to name a couple. Unfortunately, they are now unobtainium...

Good Afternoon!

I have recently discovered Creed cologne at my local Nordstrom’s department store. The two samples I brought home where

Green Irish Tweed

Oud

I would love your opinion on what Creed scents you like. I enjoy more of the woodys scents. Here are some of the colognes that I have to give you an idea of my liking. I have to say I really liked Green Irish Tweed.

I have

Polo Green Aftershave balm
Tiffany for Him
Blue De Chanel Parfum
Tom Ford
Tom Ford Noir
Tom Ford Velieter
YSL intense Parfum
Burberry Touch
Burrberry
Hanae Mori

I wear Chanel the most. But I would like to invest in creed. That last forever. Just one spray lasted me more than 24 hours. Even lingered after I showered. I am looking to up my game with my dressing and my scent.

Thank you for your time.

quite the rabbit hole you're headed down!
have fun in the chase!
along the way, you might want to sample some of these...

amouage.jpg

Top Bottom