What's new

Creed cologne question

Good Evening and Happy New Year 2018!

I was at the local supermarket yesterday when I asked a young manager for help. He was wearing a fabulous cologne and I asked him what he had on. He replied, Creed Adventis.

It was fabulous. I would like to try wearing it but don’t know if I could afford a large bottle.

Do you have any creed suggestions to try and where can I buy a small bottles or samples?

I primarily wear Polo Aftershave Balm

I own the following colonies but always keep coming back to the Polo.

Tom Ford
Tom Ford Noir
Tom Ford Black Orchid
Tom Ford Velivter
St. Vyes purfum
Tiffany Sport
Brooks Brothers New York

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Brooks Brothers 1818?

I am 37 and just starting my cologne journey.

I would appreciate any help.

You can pick up splits on basenotes pretty easily. There's two users, CleverUserName and SmellyFinger, that I have picked up a few splits from. They're honest and get your order out pretty quick. Also if you check out the fragrance discounters you can sometimes pick up full bottles at a pretty steep discount.

That's a nice list of colognes you have. Nicely done.
I recommend this: drop in at a nearby Nordstrom and ask them for samples for six Creed fragrances. Then return the following week and ask for six different ones. Popular ones are Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Royal Oud, Silver Mountain Water, Bois de Portugal, and Vetyver.
The samples you'd receive at Nordstrom are small enough that six will fit in your hand, but big enough that you can get a good impression of what wearing them is like.
Aventus is lovely, but too pricey to buy retail, in my opinion. I typically wait for them to go on-sale on some of the big online wholesalers.
Or, keep an eye out on Badger & Blade's Buy-Sell-Trade. On the BST I was able to purchase a bottle of Aventus for half price.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you so much!! Where can I find creed on sale?

QUOTE="mio_cuggino, post: 9417718, member: 76987"]That's a nice list of colognes you have. Nicely done.
I recommend this: drop in at a nearby Nordstrom and ask them for samples for six Creed fragrances. Then return the following week and ask for six different ones. Popular ones are Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Royal Oud, Silver Mountain Water, Bois de Portugal, and Vetyver.
The samples you'd receive at Nordstrom are small enough that six will fit in your hand, but big enough that you can get a good impression of what wearing them is like.
Aventus is lovely, but too pricey to buy retail, in my opinion. I typically wait for them to go on-sale on some of the big online wholesalers.
Or, keep an eye out on Badger & Blade's Buy-Sell-Trade. On the BST I was able to purchase a bottle of Aventus for half price.
Good luck and keep us posted.[/QUOTE]

Sign up for sale notifications from Notino,very rare but they do offer 15% off of Creed's from time to time.Testers come and go too,can be had a little cheaper if you don't mind a plain box and no cap.

The house of Creed is definitely worth exploring. I second the recommendation of getting samples at Nordstroms, Saks, or Neimans. Buying decants from Basenotes is a great way to go, and a hell of a lot cheaper than paying full retail. If you do want a full Creed bottle, check out Fragrancenet, FragranceX, or Notino. Most of the millesimes can be had for about half of the full retail price.

Scent is so subjective, but for me some standouts from the house are Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Royal Oud, Millesime Imperial, and Royal Mayfair.

Brooks Brothers 1818 is great stuff. A huge bottle can be had for around $60 at your local Brooks Brothers. I recommend checking that one out.

... Scent is so subjective, but for me some standouts from the house are Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Royal Oud, Millesime Imperial, and Royal Mayfair.
I own the first four from this list and completely agree with @jdp93 as these are really outstanding scents. Millesime Imperial is on my wish list along with Neroli Sauvage.

Have all of these except Imperial. There is a house similarity despite being very different in many regards - easy to recognize a Creed. First you need decide what scents suit you, then find a house offering the variants of opening mid and base you prefer best. Don't buy simply to impress others. Neroli is good and consistent between batches but can think of others preferred.

Based on your list, you have good taste. You are going to enjoy Aventus. Good luck!

I was thinking the same. Aventus has been a huge hit for Creed and is thought of one that pleases women on a man and is more popular among younger people than some of the others in the Creed line. I do not understand it myself, but that should mean nothing to you! Except for price, it seems to be a no brainer!

I would say that Green Irish Tweed has been a bit over done at this point. Silver Mountain Water, too, perhaps. I really like Mayfair. I guess overall Creed is pretty hit or miss with me. As expensive as it is, I would try before I buy, for sure. When Creed is "on," it is a great house.

Try Armaf Club de Nuit Intense. It's a great clone of Creed Aventus for about a tenth of the price.

Yeah, and Tres Nuit is a pretty solid impression of Green Irish Tweed.

Thinking along the lines of Polo ( I'm assuming Polo Green? I'm not too well-informed on that line )... I remember it being pretty coniferous, which makes me want to recommend stuff like Creed Epicea or Cypres-Musc, but those are both discontinued.

Royal Oud is nice, of the newer ones. I do like Aventus, but the CdNI has been turning a bit too sweet on my skin and I find myself avoiding it. Think I'd like one of the smokier batches of the Creed, maybe.

Far as budget hunting Creeds, I've had better than expected luck on eBay. There's some concern about fakes, but generally you're safe if you look at the 2.5oz versions Used. ( Not as much profit in faking the smaller bottles, if it's even as common as occasionally stated. Never had a problem, personally. )

Definitely worth a trip to sample them. I'm partial to some of the older stuff, as well as the more off the beaten path offerings. Try some Original Vetiver, Tabarome Millesime, Erolfa?

I also have the Armaf Tres Nuit. It's a top notch scent for $30. My 18 yo son liked it so much that I bought him a bottle for XMAS.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Brooks Brothers 1818?

A very good cool weather fragrance - very 80s; I've called it Gordon Gekko in a bottle on more than one occasion.
It's a big spicy, boozy vanilla frag that lasts well but does smell fairly dated, so as long as you don't mind the Reagan vibe and you find it at a good price, I say nab it.

Creed is expensive. If you see a great deal, it may be too good to be true.
I get Creed off ebay from a seller with 2000+ Feedback and not a single "this is fake" comment. He posts pictures of the 1000 ml bottles he buys and sells the empties. In other words, I know the stuff is real. I'd post his link but he's not selling anything right now. With that said, be careful if you go the ebay route.

Aventus is amazing. My gf goes crazy for it. Bois de Portugal is my "power scent." And Green Tweed is amazing.

I'd run to Nordstrom (or Neiman Marcus or Saks -- it depends on the city) and try some samples.

I’ve become a big fragrance guy over the last 8-10 years. Initially I shied away from Creed because of their BS marketing and excessive pricing. However over the years I’ve come to really appreciate Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, and Aventus. Initially I didn’t like Aventus, but unlike most, I liked it more after the reformulation several years ago.
My summer signature this year is TBD.
Tabarome isn’t so shabby either.

Top Bottom