What's new

Creed Aventus alternatives (NOT clones) recommendations?

That sounds like a simple task, but it really narrows the options. IMO, this pretty much eliminates the lion share of niche parfums because most are made with naturals and they won't last all day at full strength. IMO, this puts you in the designer ranges.

Things that are Creed level classy yet designer performance:

- Terre d'Hermes
- Dior Eau Sauvage (NOT Sauvage)
- Acqua di Parma Colonia (or Intensa)
- Guerlain Vetiver
- Kouros
- Azzaro

P.S. After years of searching, testing, buying etc...I have come down on the side of niche naturals with soft projection and moderate performance (meaning the scent is a skin scent the second half of the day). I have been much happier with those scents in the long run. Let us know how you make out.
Great list!

I think the first 4 fit the op’s conditions and in that order too!
I would add Paco Rabanne PH and Azzaro Chrome as a couple of very affordable year round crowd pleasers.

If you want an even finer alternative to Aventus, perhaps consider Roja Parfums Elysium Parfum. I find it to be a deeper, more complex scent that suits more people than the relative austerity of Aventus (as often as I wear Aventus, there are still some fragrances that do *it* a little better for more circumstances).

Interesting that you mention these two as I have specifically had these 2 in my radar. I just got a PdM sample pack in the mail today so we shall see. Unfortunately I live in a small beach town so the local department stores don’t really have any selection that extends much beyond the top selling designers. Maybe I’ll have to make a trip to Charleston to check out ADP-Colonia.
I'm a big fan of AdP Colonia Intensa. One of my favorite summer scents and long lasting.

Been a while since I last posted in this thread.

I ordered a bottle of Mancera Cedrat Boise a while back and it is being delivered in the next few days. Apparently it is similar to Aventus and many prefer the Mancera.

You can find it for $70-80/120ml from discounters or about $150 from Sak’s, Nordstrom, etc.

I’ll report back once i receive it.

Just found this thread. A lot of the suggestions to me are of scents that are really quite different from Aventus, almost as though one is just pulling scents out of the air that are happened to be liked. Having said that, two well known alternatives have been mentioned: Nishane Hacivat (which I like better than Aventus but is a bit different) and Mancera Cedrat Boise (closer in terms of being similar). If you Google "Aventus alternatives," you'll find both of those often mentioned, as is Montblanc's Explorer. But, for anyone looking to try scents, do not -- DO NOT-- go into a store, such as a Saks or Neman's or Nordstroms, and spritz on a little, say you like it, and then buy it. Also scent samples on paper testers are notorious unable to predict how they react on any person's skin. Sometimes scents seem great until they've fully dried down and only hours later will you decide you do (or don't)like one. Since scents can be quite expensive, I highly recommend trying small samples that are available from a bunch of reputable places. Far better to spend $12-$20 on a sample (even $30 or $35) than to spend $200/$300 or more on a full bottle that you end up regretting. A good place to learn about scents that is quite popular (and where the sample places can be found) is Frangrantica [dot] com.

So I have been on the hunt for a few new fragrances after not changing them up for a couple of decades. I came across Aventus quite backwards after liking both Montblanc Explorer and TOBS Royal Forest quite a bit. After nothing much from the typical department store fare did it for me, I finally picked up a sample and I have to say I quite like it. I do quite enjoy the scent but it also checks a lot of boxes for me. I'm wondering what else might I check out that hits the following boxes that I feel like Aventus hits:

1. Generally pleasing - the word "challenging" is not something I am looking for in a fragrance.
2. Year-round wearability - and as I live in a coastal subtropical climate a bias toward the warmer seasons is preferred
3. Somewhat masculine and sophisticated
4. Multiple context appropriate - I want to be able to wear this to work, to the kids' sports, to the beach, to dinner, etc.
5. Good longevity and performance

I have some Bleu de Chanel that hits these boxes pretty well but there is something that the whole Bleu, Sauvage, Dylan, etc. style that doesn't hit me right. The other fragrance I sort of liked that seemed to hit these boxes was Chanel Allure Homme Sport Extreme.

Any recommendations that hit this list? I am open to designer or niche. There is nothing wrong with the couple I mentioned, I just want to sample widely before I commit to a bottle of Chanel much less Aventus.

Thanks in advance.

I think Dior Homme 2020 version, or it’s Sport Flanker would do you nicely. High quality, well blended, incredibly versatile, and half the cost of some of the others mentioned here.

Sauvage Elixer is pretty kick *** as well, and has better performance than almost anything out there. But it definitely has more attitude and will get you noticed.

if you like Allure Home Sport DNA, give Versace Eros Flame a try. It’s AHS with warmth and spice as well as more citrus. Fantastic combination and I dig it. Plus, because it’s largely unloved it’s easy to find for cheap, relatively speaking.

And a wild card would be the new Polo Cologne Parfum Intense. It’s how they‘d make the original Polo today if it never existed. Similar characteristics but modern and fresh. I think its absolutely fantastic and it, too, can be had for cheap because people mostly ignored it last year upon release.

Top Bottom