What's new

Creams you use sparingly, for when they're gone…

...they are gone!

I started a thread like this for soap. But I have creams too that I use sparingly because they are gone or hard to come by.

960EC818-CBA1-4224-BC99-6B00460C078E.jpeg

Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp,
Nivea Men Sensitive Shave Cream,
Kiss My Face,
and The Body Shop's Macca Root Shave Cream. I have their new formula, but am lucky enough to have one of the old left.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use this Old Spice cream rarely as it would be hard to find another. I think it is 1950s or 1960s and has turned a nutty brown colour and semi crystallised. It smells fabulous but is so hard to lather that I add a little to my Shulton Old Spice soap to make a really lovely lather.

forum.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
This Yardley soap had completely solidified and was impossible to squeeze out so I cut the tube open and transferred the contents to an Old Spice mug. The cream has now further dried and resembles a semi hard soap; it performs wonderfully. I use it sparingly although I am lucky to have another tube, also solidified.

forum.jpg

This Yardley soap had completely solidified and was impossible to squeeze out so I cut the tube open and transferred the contents to an Old Spice mug. The cream has now further dried and resembles a semi hard soap; it performs wonderfully. I use it sparingly although I am lucky to have another tube, also solidified.

View attachment 1294732
These can be truly called unobtaniums and they are actually nearing the category of Relics.

I would have never seen them if not for such posts.

Wm Neumann shaving creams—I hoarded a bunch of pump bottles of the stuff when I learned they were discontinuing them. Great stuff.

P.S. I just revisited the website for the first time in a couple of years. The shaving creams are back. No need to ration myself anymore!

KMF unscented and lavender are widely available in organic stores like whole foods. Their other scents are sometimes available online but are older since they stopped production.

Nivea is pricey online at sites like Amazon or Smallflower since not many vendors import it in bulk.

I have about half of a tube of Crabree & Evelyn West Indian Lime shaving cream. It's in my travel kit, but even then I usually bring along something else as well. But I used it today, and I still find it to be one of the best creams I've used.

Top Bottom