What's new

Creams really ARE the bomb

Being new to DE...I must admit something. For the first month or so I thought that to be a true and traditional wet-shaver I needed to use soap and a mug only. How wrong and snobbish of me. The creams I have found are as much fun and awesome to use as any soap. To date- Castle Forbes Lime is simply delightful. Yes, I said delightful. What other blog will you hear a guy say that as well as luxurious (lather), when posting to a forum. Hah. Have a great night.

Because of my super hard water, creams work best for me. Really hard to get a good lather out of soup. I swear by Speick cream, hell speick anything really.

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've tried a true straight cream yet, since I'm having too much fun with soaps and croaps! I do have a few RR croaps, and I have yet to try anything slicker than QCS creams.

If you haven't tried OS cream, well.... I can't think of anything gentlemanly to say. :wink2: Seriously though, give it a shot. The scent is heavenly, and the lather is quite slick. I'm already wistfully thinking of using it tomorrow.

The OP is absolutely right. No doubt about it... creams are the choice, and surely the one and only possible selection. Positively, without any hesitation, day in, day out, it's got to be a cream... or a soap, come to think of it!
Shake hands with a snob, who apparently has it ALL wrong! Oh, well, I've been wrong before and if I live long enough will undoubtedly
make hundreds of additional mistakes, like every time I lather up with Oxford and Cambridge from Czech & Speake, or MWF or .....
Enjoy whatever you use!

Because of my super hard water, creams work best for me. Really hard to get a good lather out of soup. I swear by Speick cream, hell speick anything really.

I have a hell of a time getting a good lather from soup myself :001_tongu. Haha, just kidding. Obviously. Seriously though, I happen to love creams myself. I have yet to find a cream that I won't use again. I did a trade with a gentleman in Portugal who sent me a tube of Top Secret and a tube of Veleiro. I've never heard of either until I received them, and I am in love with the scent of Veleiro now.

TOBS Grapefruit... I can't get enough of that stuff! Having said that, I generally prefer soaps, but yeah, the creams are great too. Some lesser known ones I like are Lider and Godrej.

Being new to DE...I must admit something. For the first month or so I thought that to be a true and traditional wet-shaver I needed to use soap and a mug only. How wrong and snobbish of me. The creams I have found are as much fun and awesome to use as any soap. To date- Castle Forbes Lime is simply delightful. Yes, I said delightful. What other blog will you hear a guy say that as well as luxurious (lather), when posting to a forum. Hah. Have a great night.

I was an exclusive cream guy for years (like 10) but then finally revisited soaps. I now love them both and enjoy the variety in using both.

Ok...thanks for the sarcasm. I'm poking fun at myself as I thought soaps were the "only" way to go. I LOVE the soaps I had and I am just a little, no, very surprised at how good the creams are. Both equally excellent. Snob. KIDDING!

And I, for one, was poking fun at my own prejudices and soap snobbishness.
As I said, enjoy whatever you choose, as you seem to be doing!

Make sure not to write-off soaps completely. I was mainly using creams at the beginning and now have switched over to mostly soaps.
Martin de Candre Fougere :001_tt1:

Top Bottom