What's new

Creamo Shaving Cream Cool flavor

Well, it aint no Proraso........:001_07:

Saw it on sale and decided to give it a shot. All I can say is "Meh". It does the job, but it falls short of Proraso in almost every way. It takes much more cream to make lather, the lather is not as dense or slick, and it falls quicker. The scent and cooling factor are about the same though. I'll use what I have, but I won't buy more. It's maybe as good as Derby Green, but I think Derby edges it out.

I think maybe this stuff is meant to be applied by hand without a brush, in which case, you are meant to use copious amounts of it. Probably more than I did. Regardless, it's not a good cream for a brush shave.

Actually it is intended to be applied by hand but only about an almond size amount. It's meant to be thin and wet. I find it very slick when done right. My son preferred it until I gave him some CO Bigelow. Most add a little to "lesser" soaps to make uber lather. It'sd not the best but it's not bad either. I find it to be a great travel soap.

To my knowledge cremo only has one lathering shave cream at present and it only comes in sandlewood. I absolutely love the original so i’m looking forward to trying the lathering variety. But yeah if you used it with a brush i imagine the results would be pretty disappointing. It’s definitely brushless. The “lather” on cremo is nonexistent. It’s basically just an invisible film. Works great for me though.

I love Cremo products. That said, their shave cream is a no-go for me.
it just gunks everything up. Yeah, it works for shaving, but I have to thoroughly clean everything it's touched.

You want a dense and extremely slick lather? Put equal parts of Cremo and Neutrogena for Sensitive skin in your bowl. Alone, neither lathers worth a hoot, but combined, it's the stuff I measure the performance of all other soaps & creams against.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cremo does not exist here in Australia so I like to read reviews on this legendary shaving cream.

I recently used a complete tube. 6 months of very good shaves.

It’s not Proraso. Although you can use a brush to spread the cream around your face, it is not designed that way (see instructions). I got best results working the cream onto my face as thin as I could. Less is more. The whole experience from beginning to end is very different from lathering cream ... although results are same—shaved face.

There are reasons to like or not like this product, but to see what this cream is really like, try using a thin layer. The directions on the tube are useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge cremo only has one lathering shave cream at present and it only comes in sandlewood. I absolutely love the original so i’m looking forward to trying the lathering variety. But yeah if you used it with a brush i imagine the results would be pretty disappointing. It’s definitely brushless. The “lather” on cremo is nonexistent. It’s basically just an invisible film. Works great for me though.
Mix it with some Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin - it becomes an entirely different animal.

Well, after using it a couple times as intended, I must admit it does a good job. No lather, but slick and cooling. I can't say I care for the slippery hands brushless cream leaves me with though. Other than that, thumbs up!

I bought this stuff as a get me by cream for this quarantine...I must admit I am genuinely not a fan. I did learn from this post that is meant to be applied by hand, I will try that tomorrow, because by brush it just dries up too fast for me.

I bought this stuff as a get me by cream for this quarantine...I must admit I am genuinely not a fan. I did learn from this post that is meant to be applied by hand, I will try that tomorrow, because by brush it just dries up too fast for me.
Re-read post #9 - it'll change your mind.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve got a tub of classic scent Cremogena Plus mixed up from my last braving of Walmart waiting for me to try it next shave. Have been using bourbon scented Cremogena as an occasional treat.

A not-quite-almond-sized dollop of Cool Cremo + brush loaded with Proraso Green croap, lathered in a bowl = super slick uber lather. Love love love. It's a giant zero for post-shave feel (something I don't give a crap about, personally), but for me, in all other areas of performance, it kicks butt. YMMV

I used to use it in the shower with a Mach 3 before I became "enlightened." I thought it was good stuff. No Proraso or Bigelow, but solid.

Well, it aint no Proraso........:001_07:

Saw it on sale and decided to give it a shot. All I can say is "Meh". It does the job, but it falls short of Proraso in almost every way. It takes much more cream to make lather, the lather is not as dense or slick, and it falls quicker. The scent and cooling factor are about the same though. I'll use what I have, but I won't buy more. It's maybe as good as Derby Green, but I think Derby edges it out.

I think maybe this stuff is meant to be applied by hand without a brush, in which case, you are meant to use copious amounts of it. Probably more than I did. Regardless, it's not a good cream for a brush shave.

Less is more with cremo (not that I'm a huge fan of it anyway). It can lather with a brush but defeats it's purpose. You want a micro thin layer, when you think it's too thin you need need to still add water and thin it out more. It should just look like a glossy sheen on your skin with the occasional bubble/sud. Think shaving with a wet oil for example.

If you want cremo in multiple scents for travel or otherwise that lathers well you need to get the cremo shave sticks. It can and will lather well with a brush or whatever... I bought 4 diff scents at one of our local Walmart's

Top Bottom