What's new

Cream Recommendations for a "Soap Guy"

Thanks you gentlemen! I now have an AD wish list started. I'm realizing that there is a fine line between soaps, croap, & soft (Italian) soaps. I brush load from a tub of Cella and a sample of TOBS now. I usually load the brush and go to face lathering but sometimes I will build the lather in the bowl first. Whatever you call the product I can see there are some high quality products recommended here that are "must try". Thanks again!

I just purchased my first full tub of cream, been using all soaps since i started. Castle Forbes Lavender for this guy. Couldn't be happier. Stuff isn't really a cream in the full sense, more like a soft soap, but who cares. Stuff is amazing. Lathers easy peasy and it is slick! Oh yeah, and it smells outstanding.

T&H 1805 cream is a must try in my book. Although I admit it is a very short book at this point.

nrv216

There probably is a thread in the section of the forum somewhere but please excuse my impatience.

I am mainly a hard soap in a mug, face latherer. :straight: I do use some Bigelow in a tube at home and for travel. I enjoy Cella but that is more of a soft soap. I have plenty of soaps "on deck" to keep me going for a couple years. I'm wondering if I am missing out on some variety with not exploring some good creams. What should be on my list? Thanks for your advice.

I'm pretty biased, but I have to second some other opinions on Trumpers Coconut. Its one of my favorites although I'm a bit of a Trumpers fan. It's quite nicely cushioning, and pretty slick as well. Although if you try it and want it a little slicker it does respond well to being super-lathered with a plain or scent-free soap. Its not cheap, but your face is worth it.. (that's the excuse I give myself, it's worked so far..)

Any cream. Try several and you may find that your not a soap guy after all. I use both soaps and creams. Like them equally just like some variety. Can't go wrong with TOBS or AOS

My first two creams were Truefitt and Hill 1805 and Trumpers Almond.

I took a chance with the T & H 1805 and found it to be terrific! While Old School, it's got a nice fresh smell.

I've used some Almond scented French soaps (lady friend's) in the shower, and figured Almond was a safe bet.

(It was)

Top Bottom