What's new

Crazy C&E deal

So I went to the mall on my lunch fully expecting to come back with the L'Occitane Cade soap and metal bowl, but after seeing the combo is $38 I just couldn't bite the bullet on it. I walked around and ended up at C&E where right up front is their men's shaving section. I talk to the girl and she says, "we're having a buy 2 get 1 free sale right now". So I think to myself, score. I wanted to get the Nomad soap with the bowl but they didn't have the soap and bowl set, only the soap so I said what the hell and got the Sienna soap with bowl set and loose soaps of Nomad and Sandalwood. I figured buy 2 get 1, the soap and bowl is $18 and one soap is only $8, that's only $26.

I make my way to the counter and the same girl says, "Do you want to join our platinum club? It's free right now and you get 20% off everything today." WHAT??!!! Are you kidding me, this gets better? I say sure why not? She says, ok you can pick 2 travel items for free as well, so I pick 2 lotions for SWMBO, figuring she won't complain about my spending trip then. :thumbup: She rings up my order and it's only about $23 with tax. Normally the membership is $10 a year, so all in all, I saved over $30 in one trip and every 1st -7th of the month I can get 20% off for a whole year. I'm not sure what I'll need now that I have 3 soaps that'll last quite a while, but you never know.

I figure I'd share this deal with you guys. Not sure if this is just our store at Scottsdale Fashion Square in AZ, but it's worth a look see. The savings were pretty incredible and I saved almost $20 instead of buying from L'Occitane.

Yeah, I used the Sienna one last night and the smell was great, maybe didn't have enough water so it wasn't so lubricating, but will try again later. Also, I'm going to be trading the refills in for bowls so I can have all of them separately to rotate and the difference with the discounts and buy 2 get 1 is pretty negligible. Can't wait to try the other ones, and Sluggo, I will be picking up a puck of the Cade as well next time I'm in the mall, just going to use a plastic container or something with it for now. :biggrin1:

Yeah, I used the Sienna one last night and the smell was great, maybe didn't have enough water so it wasn't so lubricating, but will try again later. Also, I'm going to be trading the refills in for bowls so I can have all of them separately to rotate and the difference with the discounts and buy 2 get 1 is pretty negligible. Can't wait to try the other ones, and Sluggo, I will be picking up a puck of the Cade as well next time I'm in the mall, just going to use a plastic container or something with it for now. :biggrin1:

Grab one of the Pyrex 1 cup bowls w/ lid they work great for soaps.

Grab one of the Pyrex 1 cup bowls w/ lid they work great for soaps.

Good idea. I wonder if my Fry's had them. They had some nice bowl/plate looking things I thought would be good for a lather bowl too. I'll have to go check it out.

Is C&E closing out their bowls, though? I went into the local one (Century City, CA) the other week and tried to buy one. They said that they were out of stock and could not order any more. I offered to buy one of the floor samples, but they wouldn't sell those, either.

Anyhow, I'll drop by tomorrow and see if they have any more or if the situation has changed. Might pick up a soap or two anyway if they'll fit in my EJ bowl.

You can get those bowls at fry's?

Are you thinking Fry's Electronics? We have both that and Fry's Food and Drug out here, so I was saying Fry's food and drug for the bowl, although Fry's Electronics sells all kinds of weird stuff now too.

Is C&E closing out their bowls, though? I went into the local one (Century City, CA) the other week and tried to buy one. They said that they were out of stock and could not order any more. I offered to buy one of the floor samples, but they wouldn't sell those, either.

Anyhow, I'll drop by tomorrow and see if they have any more or if the situation has changed. Might pick up a soap or two anyway if they'll fit in my EJ bowl.

Not sure if they're closing them out, but they had the bowls in Sienna and Sandalwood when I was there. The only one they didn't have was Nomad, but the girl said they should be getting more, as far as I know. Good luck and hopefully they still have the good deals for you. Ask about that platinum membership they were giving away free, if not anything else, at least you'll save 20% on whatever you buy.

Thank you TChewy. It is always a class act when someone shares their knowledge of bargains/sales.

Richard

No problem, that's what we're here for and it's not like it hurts me to share with you guys and you've all been very welcoming and a great community. :laugh:

I spoke with a woman in my local C&E last weekend and she said that some of their products are being re-formulated. She was expecting to have stock some time over the next month or so.

V

VR6ofpain

Are you thinking Fry's Electronics? We have both that and Fry's Food and Drug out here, so I was saying Fry's food and drug for the bowl, although Fry's Electronics sells all kinds of weird stuff now too.
Fry's Electronics was started by the sons of a man who owned and sold his Fry's Supermarkets chain.

I wonder if your Fry's Food and Drug has a connection to the old (sold) chain?

Fry's Electronics was started by the sons of a man who owned and sold his Fry's Supermarkets chain.

I wonder if your Fry's Food and Drug has a connection to the old (sold) chain?

I believe they are all related. The logos are even the same. We had the grocery store well before the electronics store.

Good luck with the performance of the soap, I bet you will have wished you purchased the Cade. :)

Ignore them! C&E Sienna is currently in my L'Occitane metal soapdish, and I picked up another puck (even though you can still see the logo on my current puck) yesterday.

I also rate their West Indian Limes body wash and cologne.

And that value is just incredible.

So I went to the mall on my lunch fully expecting to come back with the L'Occitane Cade soap and metal bowl, but after seeing the combo is $38 I just couldn't bite the bullet on it. I walked around and ended up at C&E where right up front is their men's shaving section. I talk to the girl and she says, "we're having a buy 2 get 1 free sale right now". So I think to myself, score. I wanted to get the Nomad soap with the bowl but they didn't have the soap and bowl set, only the soap so I said what the hell and got the Sienna soap with bowl set and loose soaps of Nomad and Sandalwood. I figured buy 2 get 1, the soap and bowl is $18 and one soap is only $8, that's only $26.

I make my way to the counter and the same girl says, "Do you want to join our platinum club? It's free right now and you get 20% off everything today." WHAT??!!! Are you kidding me, this gets better? I say sure why not? She says, ok you can pick 2 travel items for free as well, so I pick 2 lotions for SWMBO, figuring she won't complain about my spending trip then. :thumbup: She rings up my order and it's only about $23 with tax. Normally the membership is $10 a year, so all in all, I saved over $30 in one trip and every 1st -7th of the month I can get 20% off for a whole year. I'm not sure what I'll need now that I have 3 soaps that'll last quite a while, but you never know.

I figure I'd share this deal with you guys. Not sure if this is just our store at Scottsdale Fashion Square in AZ, but it's worth a look see. The savings were pretty incredible and I saved almost $20 instead of buying from L'Occitane.

My wife happened up this same bargain the other day... She called me up from the store and told me this exact story, the only difference was she was in Chandler Fashion Center. Anyhoo, I ended up with Sienna and Sandalwood soaps and Nomad EDT (all her choices by the way, pretty good if you ask me). I've had no issues with the soap, it works great for me :thumbup:

Will,

Yeah I like the Sienna soap and the smell, I think, is quite nice. I'm still waiting for them to call me and let me know when they have the Nomad with the bowl so I can go exchange these suckers. Did they have the Nomad in the bowl in Chandler? I could always take a drive there if they have Sandalwood and that in bowls so I can rotate all 3 of them. :thumbup:

Will,

Yeah I like the Sienna soap and the smell, I think, is quite nice. I'm still waiting for them to call me and let me know when they have the Nomad with the bowl so I can go exchange these suckers. Did they have the Nomad in the bowl in Chandler? I could always take a drive there if they have Sandalwood and that in bowls so I can rotate all 3 of them. :thumbup:

They were all out of wooden bowl Nomad but they did have wooden bowl Sandalwood.

Top Bottom