What's new

Crabtree is back

I'll believe it when I see it.
As it stands, their website has the same pitiful paltry selection.

Me too, but you have to admit it does seem potentially promising if we're hearing reports from several C&E locations as to the possible return of old shaving favorites.

Or you can do what I did and buy it direct from the mfg in the UK here: here

It's even on sale! And the vendor will deduct the VAT from your purchase if you are not in the UK or EU.

Great idea! Based on the popularity of this product with C&E I would expect some US vendor to carry it. Do any of them?

All the Crabtree shaving soaps were quite good.

The Sweet Almond shaving soap however was special. I suspect it was sourced differently to the other soaps. Better, richer, classier. I real winter winner that oils and protects when its cold outside and the air is dry.

I'll wait and see if it really returns. I doubt it somehow, but life is full of suprises.

+1. IMO, the SAO soap is vastly superior to the rest of their line-up. Actually, it is the only C&E product I would restock, (if I didn't already have a few pucks in reserve).

According to an independent shop owner I spoke with in July, C&E's filing for bankruptcy really leaves the everyone in the lerch, save the dwindling number of corporate locations. He was uncertain whether or not his store would be able to distribute C&E- waiting on corporate's decision. Maybe the will offer the full line in their limited number of corporate stores?

The manager at my local C&E also told me that they'd restock all of their shaving supplies at the end of the summer. Of course, they've gone out of business now...

Deviant are you located in the US? If so how much was shipping for the brush? Thanks!

I put this brush in my cart and proceeded right up until the end of the ordering process, and this is what the Shopping Cart System shows for delivery to me in IL:

Basket Total £23.00

Total Tax £3.00

Carriage £4.50

Total £27.50

Total to Pay £24.50
(Tax has been deducted from this export order)

Todays currency conversion rate is 1.6335 GBP / USD so final cost will be right around $40.02 USD, plus most credit cards charge a fee for items bought in foreign currencies, usually around 3%.

I put this brush in my cart and proceeded right up until the end of the ordering process, and this is what the Shopping Cart System shows for delivery to me in IL:

Basket Total £23.00

Total Tax £3.00

Carriage £4.50

Total £27.50

Total to Pay £24.50
(Tax has been deducted from this export order)

Todays currency conversion rate is 1.6335 GBP / USD so final cost will be right around $40.02 USD, plus most credit cards charge a fee for items bought in foreign currencies, usually around 3%.

Plus there is a place to click along the left side to convert it to "US Dollars" so you don't have to worry about conversion rates.

Holy crap. If they bring back their Vetiver cologne, I will be very happy. Still haven't found a vetiver I've liked nearly as much in years.

Also, they had Vetiver talcum powder and hand soap that were my all time favorites. I think they discontinued them years ago, but I still keep an eye open just in case they come back...

Rob

Top Bottom