What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Soap West Indian Lime

Hi folks,

Last december (2015) i bought a puck of C&E as an impulse buy. Shortly after coming back home, I read the forum and found out very mixed reviews... But some people claimed that following a reformulation it was now good stuff.

I put it in a drawer thinking that i bought a piece of handsoap and forgot about it.... Tonight i rediscovere dit and thought what the hell let's give it a try!

I am glad I sure did. That soap performed very well in my book. It lathered very quickly and easily with a nice slickness. It's a not MdC but definitly a great soap at a nice price (12£ a refill). So if you find yourself in one of their shop grab one and give it a try.

I place it on my re-buy list which includes at the moment only 2 other soaps: MdC, Haslinger.

Quite interestingly i noticed that it fits perfectly my eucris bowl... I wonder if the maker is the same as for trumpers. Maybe I ll need to revisit them.

Thanks,
Fasa

One of my favorite scents. I worked my way through a lackluster puck about a year ago. I still have a tube of the cream, which is good stuff and a metric ton of the ASB, also quite good. I'll have to pick up a new puck when I get the chance...

Thanks for the review! I gave up on C&E after two ho-hum pucks. Perhaps worth a try after I finish my year with Haslinger's.

My wife and kids got me a puck for father's day. I'll be using it after Proraso is finished sometime next month.

I haven't tried the reformulated stuff but the C&E Nomad is my favourite soap. Best protection for me and a killer scent

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've used a C&E cream before, but so far have not tried any of their soaps. One day, when my current soap stash gets down, I will have to pick up a puck.

I have heard they recently reformulated their shaving soap, but I got burned with the puck of West Indian Sandalwood, smelled great, lathered like a bath soap and lather disappeared immediately. Turned out to be the most expensive bar soap I have bought ($13.50 I believe it was) so I tend to lean twards the artisan soap side. People that take pride in their product and its good to support small busniesses as well.

This ^^

I found that the C&E lime is my favorite lime scent, but got burned by the old formulation. Still love the W.I. Lime balm, liked the Sienna cream and the sandalwood soft soap (incredible sandalwood scent). I have a couple of soaps to finish up, including a RazoRock lime that's too much like candy lime for me, and I might give C&E a try again.

I haven't tried the original version or the bad formulation, but this latest one so far seems good. It doesn't lather up as easily as my top performers like Tabac, Haslinger, or Speick but it still works well. It reminds me of Pre de Provence except creating a more stable lather easier. Tends to be a bit more foamy than dense but if you work it a little longer you get a good lather. Definitely better than say a MWF. So far the shaves have been good to very good. Today I felt the blade a bit more than I'd like but I think I could use a little more water in the mix. Scent is mild so far, a touch of lime, but kind of floral too. More fresh scented than citrusy I would say. Following up with Pinaud Citrus Musk which is a cross between a citrus (heavy on the lemon) and a barbershop type scent.

I haven't tried the original version or the bad formulation, but this latest one so far seems good. It doesn't lather up as easily as my top performers like Tabac, Haslinger, or Speick but it still works well. It reminds me of Pre de Provence except creating a more stable lather easier. Tends to be a bit more foamy than dense but if you work it a little longer you get a good lather. Definitely better than say a MWF. So far the shaves have been good to very good. Today I felt the blade a bit more than I'd like but I think I could use a little more water in the mix. Scent is mild so far, a touch of lime, but kind of floral too. More fresh scented than citrusy I would say. Following up with Pinaud Citrus Musk which is a cross between a citrus (heavy on the lemon) and a barbershop type scent.

Thanks for posting your impressions. I feel the same about it. It s a good soap. It won't beat mdc or haslinger which are my favourites but i enjoy It well enough to buy it .

Based on your experience would you recommend it ?

Sent from Mars

Thanks for posting your impressions. I feel the same about it. It s a good soap. It won't beat mdc or haslinger which are my favourites but i enjoy It well enough to buy it .

Based on your experience would you recommend it ?

Sent from Mars

I'll have to give it several weeks before I can fully form an opinion, but right now it seems like a good, locally-available soap.

Top Bottom