What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Shaving Products

The Aussie Crabtree & Evelyn stores are having a sale and hence I was contemplating trying some of their soaps, creams and/or aftershave lotions. :thumbup:

Does anyone have any experience recommendations on what to go for? :confused1

Thank you! :biggrin1:

Overall, I think they are quite good. Probably not on the level of Truefitt & Hill or Taylor's, but still quite good. I like their shaving soap and their bar soap. I also enjoy their fragrances quite a lot. Their shave creams are okay. If the stuff is really marked down, why not stock up?

Really like their soaps (using Nomad and Sienna). People complain that they are hard to lather but the water in most parts of Oz seem to suit C&E. There are differences between new and old formulations but not enough to really be concerned about.
The after shave balms are just wonderful. I alternate those with L'occitane and Ahava balms. Nothing I have tried is better than those three.
Buy the soap in the bowl and get some spare pucks.
I got an email today that the sale is almost over.

I have the C&E Nomad and Sienna Soaps, and I like both of them. As long as you load them for long enough, they give great performance and the scent isn't overpowering, but also not weak. All in all I give them a 7/10.

Really like their soaps (using Nomad and Sienna). People complain that they are hard to lather but the water in most parts of Oz seem to suit C&E. There are differences between new and old formulations but not enough to really be concerned about.
The after shave balms are just wonderful. I alternate those with L'occitane and Ahava balms. Nothing I have tried is better than those three.
Buy the soap in the bowl and get some spare pucks.
I got an email today that the sale is almost over.

Talk about timing lol

I wanted to give them a go but I couldn't stand the smell of any of their products.
+1 ... I've tried them a few times, and while they give excellent performance, the smell doesn't appeal to me at all.

C&E's Sweet Almond Oil cream gave me the best shave I've ever had. I'm not a big fan of almond scent to begin with, but this sweet almond aroma is terrible. But I can tolerate it to get the world-class performance. Its a shame they decided to discontinue this right when I got into wet-shaving.

Those of you that might be holding off C&E because of the prices, be aware that they hold a 20% Off sale about every 6~8 weeks.

And be sure to sign up for their Preferred Shopper club card. When you reach $250 in cumulative sales, you get a lifetime 10% discount.

And if you have trouble reaching that $250 level, C&E is a great place to shop for gifts for SWMBO. Or GF. Or Mom. Or Sis.

I have Nomad, West Indian Lime, and Sandlewood soaps from C&E and enjoy the performance and scent from all three.

Also have travel sets of the WIL and Nomad. Haven't broke I to these yet.

Their Sandalwood After Shave Balm is excellent. Used it today and keeps a nice lingering smoky sandalwood scent. Have to thank Toothpick for that.

The Sandalwood soap is my tried & trusted go-to; excellent performance, lathers well (even in my very hard water area), good scent & so far the puck has lasted over a year

I used their Sandalwood for years (15+), and I am now using a puck of Nomad. GREAT lather and performance. I rate it over my Truefitt and Hill.

I only have the Nomad soap. I works well & smells better. I hope to get the Sienna & Sandlewood. Ive tried the AS balm. Its great too.

Ok because of this thread I decided to revisit the C&E store near me today and i went through all of their soaps and creams once again thinking perhaps they don't smell as awful as I remembered.

I swear I almost fainted taking a big whiff of some of the products, the scents are just so strong and offensive to me! If I had to buy one it would be the Nomad soap but even it still smelt pretty horrible to me but it was the best out of the bad bunch.

I really wanted to buy something, specially with the sale on ATM (the soaps in the wooden bowls were only $19) but I just couldn't do it. I won't give up on them just yet but I think I'm going to have to research the Nomad soap some more and see if I can identify any individual ingredient scents I like and go from there because right now to me the soap as a whole just smells bad :(

Travis.

I just got their sandalwood for Christmas and I really like it. I think they perform better with a stiffer brush. I used a boar.

The first cream I started with was C&E Sandalwood; excellent lather with great scent! Just broke out the old tub a few days ago to try it again; am now wondering why I switched away. Haven't tried their sandalwood soap, largely because I have quite a bit of TOBS Sandalwood Soap. Have some C&E Sweet Almond Oil Soap; find the scent divine! Sorry that line was discontinued.

I've used the Sienna and I wasn't impressed at all. The scent just smelled "soapy" to me, like a bar of hand soap I'd find at my grandmother's house. Wasn't a bad smell, just not one I like for a shave soap.

The performance of the soap was pretty average as well.

Top Bottom