What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Shaving Products

Ok because of this thread I decided to revisit the C&E store near me today and i went through all of their soaps and creams once again thinking perhaps they don't smell as awful as I remembered.

I swear I almost fainted taking a big whiff of some of the products, the scents are just so strong and offensive to me! If I had to buy one it would be the Nomad soap but even it still smelt pretty horrible to me but it was the best out of the bad bunch.

I really wanted to buy something, specially with the sale on ATM (the soaps in the wooden bowls were only $19) but I just couldn't do it. I won't give up on them just yet but I think I'm going to have to research the Nomad soap some more and see if I can identify any individual ingredient scents I like and go from there because right now to me the soap as a whole just smells bad :(

Travis.

It's actually hard to get a real take on the scents in the store. Too many other competing fragrances, most of them very feminine.
I've not tried it but others here have suggested clearing your "palate" by sniffing coffee beans. Might be worth asking if you can take a puck outside the store or at least try their balm sampler on your arm.

The other thing to consider is that while it is important that you like to scent, it is at least as important that the women in your life like them as well.

Women love C&E scents especially Nomad and Sienna. Ask your better half to pick one for you.

The best thing about C&E is their scents - Admittedly, they can be harsh if you sniff directly from the tube/soap. The fragrance really hits your nose really hard at that point. However, once you start lathering and air/water start mixing in, the scent really opens up, mellows out, and you can begin to pick up the subtle parts of the scent. It's extremely pleasing.

I have not purchased a soap puck mainly because of the multitude of negative experiences - I *think* they are made by the same company that makes the 3T's soaps (yikes!). The creams perform OK for me, I have WIL and Nomad and they will not be replaced once done.

I have not purchased a soap puck mainly because of the multitude of negative experiences - I *think* they are made by the same company that makes the 3T's soaps (yikes!).
They all have undergone reformulations, a few. Some are better than other.

I really enjoy the Nomad Soap, smells great awesome thick lather is no problem. Cushion is great but not quite as slick as some of my other stuff. Also have a tube of the WI Lime cream, unique scent if lime/ginger/vetiver and a top notch performer. One of the few product lines I can get locally.

I just got a travel set of the WI Lime today at the C&E store in Pleasant Prairie, WI on my way back from Chicago. I am excited to try both the shave cream and the balm, as they both smell really nice.

Top Bottom