What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Sale

"Your Choice of Tube Shave Cream (Almond, Nomad, Sandalwood or Sienna) and mini brush $10 with $35 purchase"

The E-mail

Its in-store only though. I have no idea if the (mystery) brush is worth it, but the cream would be discounted about $5. - Justin

If you go to the Crabtree and Evelyn stores you can find the Sweet almond oil shaving cream in the tub in the old packaging for $11.50. Go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx and you'll find it for $7.50. Same formula, different packaging and glass jar make it more expensive. Some years ago I bought C&E SAndalwood shaving cream in the tub at TJ Maxx for $5.99!

I checked out the brush today.

Looks like a boar bristle. About the same size as their $35 Best badger

Isn't there a number of other sales right now? Something about a free tub of Almod Oil Cream with an $85 purchase. There's also a $10 off coupon. I REALLY hope my C&E gift cards from Discover Cash back get here tomorrow (I think the sale ends tomorrow).

letterk said:
Isn't there a number of other sales right now? Something about a free tub of Almod Oil Cream with an $85 purchase. There's also a $10 off coupon. I REALLY hope my C&E gift cards from Discover Cash back get here tomorrow (I think the sale ends tomorrow).

Don't wait for the gift card if you plan on using it in conjunction with the $10 off coupon. The fine print reads "Offer does not apply to gift card purchases and can not be combined with a Prestige level discount."
The coupon is good until June 18.

Ron

:eek: I just bout a tub of the Sweet Almond Oil for 25! and there was no mention of the sale in the Rancho Palos Verdes C&E store or else I would have taken them up on it...

The sales girl mentioned some other gift brush set

That is a great idea about the brush! :001_rolle I was in the mindset of creams and soaps and for some reason I forgot about the brushes. Now do the stores stock any of silvertips? Is the Edwin Jagger Super Badger Shaving Brush the "silvertip" equivelent? :confused: How does it compare to the saville row silvertips?
Any guidance?

George

I would advise you against the C&E super badger. It is the floppiest thing on the planet. It is the least-used brush in my rotation; no comparison between SR, etc.

Talked on the phone with C&E yesterday. The in-store sale is what is listed in the original post. The sale is until Sunday.

Went to the store tonight to get my father-in-law the best badger. Thought about getting the $10 deal, but the included brush wasn't much to look at. So you really just get $5 off the tube. I passed as I prefer the tubs anyways. They were handing out nice 15 gram (1/10th a tub) Nomad tube samplers.

Stopped in at my local store here today and found them selling the tubes of cream at half price with the purchase of any other item in the store. Needless to say, I picked up some creams as well as a soap to try out.

Top Bottom