What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn going Out of Business

2CBC764A-076D-4D0A-A059-33E28878786A.jpeg
0BD55FAA-A7E6-4275-B0BB-113C307CD957.jpeg
83F83AFA-7924-4522-AB07-5E209C96A3AF.jpeg
There’s one (just one) C&E store in Georgia and they’re going South. Dumb luck I was in there yesterday. Found this...
Good deal I would say. Check stores in your area. You may get lucky.

I don't believe the entire company is going out of business. They continue to accept orders online and neither their facebook page (U.S and Canada) nor press releases indicate they are going out of business.

There were still a few left. Hopefully someone will find them. At $12.50 for a $50.00 package maybe I should have gotten a few more.

I just left a store in Missouri an hour ago. Wooden bowls with soap were $6 and the refills were $3. I bought $100 worth. The US stores are shutting down but they aren’t going out of business as a company.

I just left a store in Missouri an hour ago. Wooden bowls with soap were $6 and the refills were $3. I bought $100 worth. The US stores are shutting down but they aren’t going out of business as a company.
I called an outlet about an hour from me and had them put some away for me. Same deal 6 bucks bowl included.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Odd they use such old fashioned price tags
$50 for their soap? Yikes
Good deal though

Really sucks. I knew something was up this last summer in Florida when an outlet store had 75% off of the men’s soap, which is never on sale. Right now I have 60 bars of soap and around 30 pucks of shave soap. I was able to load up on the Indian sandalwood as well as Indian lime AS but am dangerously low on morrocan myrhh if anyone wants to negotiate a trade.

Is there soap really great or just ok?
Original soaps were quite good, on par with ToBS, DR Harris, etc. A few years ago they reformulated and were lousy. Another reformulation seems to have been better, but I never tried it, they lost me with the first redo.

Original soaps were quite good, on par with ToBS, DR Harris, etc. A few years ago they reformulated and were lousy. Another reformulation seems to have been better, but I never tried it, they lost me with the first redo.
I've read that they reformulated a couple years ago to a potassium palmate first version. I haven't read too many reviews on the latest formula.

Have tried it. I think it’s pretty good actually. Not a fan of lime scent but the MM is a long time favorite...used to be called “Nomad”.

C&E looked as if they were quite US centric even though based in London. The simple .com version of their website was in dollars, and it needed the UK suffix to show GBP. The UK WI Limes and M.Myrrh soaps in bowl are reduced to £12 so they clearly want some cashflow and money coming in, plus there was 25% off all stock. Looks rocky.

Top Bottom