What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn file for Ch 11 bankruptcy

I'm not surprised. It never liked dealing with them as a company. I never like how you can see an item on sale at 25%, 40%, 50%, 60% and 75% off all within a few weeks. A few months ago I picked up a few tubes of the Natural AS and Face scrub for 75% off. I checked a week later than they were only 50% off. Then they were full price ($32 for the ASB) for a a month or two. Only again to be put on sale for 25% and 40% off. Now they don't even have it on their website. I have a few tubes at $8 (good for $8 but no way worth more than that). I have all their creams from the clearance sale last year. The only one I like is SAO the others are just so so. I have both Siena and Sandalwood SS and barley use them anymore, with AOS Sandalwood and Lavender, Speick, Irish Moos, Tabac, MWF and L'Occataine SS all preforming much better for me IMOP.

C&E's customer care is second to none, IMHO.

I recently placed an order, and the can of Gardener's Hand Therapy (an excellent hand lotion) I received was quite dented. They said to keep the dented can and they would replace it. They sent a smaller tube by mistake, and when I informed them of their error, they said to keep that as well and they'd get it right. And they did, at no charge to me.

I'm a big fan of their entire Sandalwood line (from soap to deodorant to EDT) and have yet to find another maker with as nice a fragrance as C&E's blend.

....They said to keep the dented can and they would replace it. They sent a smaller tube by mistake, and when I informed them of their error, they said to keep that as well and they'd get it right. And they did, at no charge to me.

No wonder they went bankrupt. Buy one, get 2 free!

NO!!!

The face scrub is my favorite face scrub ever!! Ah well, at least I just got a couple more tubes a few weeks ago... :(

I asked my local B&M, who carries CE products, about the bankruptcy. They hadn't heard about it, but said that Sandalwood is back on their CE order form.

Sounds like they're bringing it back.

Now, if they would only bring back SAO!

Top Bottom