What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn

I see alot of guys on the SOTD that are using CE. I want to buysome of their soap, aftershave, and cologne but can not decided on which scent. Should I go with sandlewood, sienna or nomad. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Wess

wess76 said:
I see alot of guys on the SOTD that are using CE. I want to buysome of their soap, aftershave, and cologne but can not decided on which scent. Should I go with sandlewood, sienna or nomad. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Wess

Sandalwood!

Wess, fragrances are totally subjective. Some gents like sandalwood, me included, and some gents do not. I would suggest that you head over the C&E and try them for yourself.

Austin, I wish I could do that but I live in Greenville Mississippi. The closest CE I know of is three hours away. Wess

I'll unabashedley recommend the NOMAD. It is very similar to the Sienna, but with a citrus top note.

I want to like the Sandlewood, but it just doesn't make me want to put it on my face and shave with it. (although quite few women I know enjoy the smell of Sandlewood)

wess76 said:

Wess,

I can't believe anybody here hasn't just laid it on the line for you. Your question is:

Should I go with sandlewood, sienna or nomad

The answer is YES! And don't forget almond!

Randy

Nomad and sandalwood soaps... outstanding! Nomad wins on scent.

Sweet almond oil cream... stupendous!

I've smelled the Sienna, which is also nice, though again, Nomad wins for me. C&E is every bit as good as any other purveryor of shaving mediums around... surprisingly good!

Drew

o.k. guys, I decided to go with a few nomad products. I'll see how it goes. Thanks for everybody's help. Wess

If you still have C&E soaps that actually lather up, you're lucky!

I really regret not keeping any from years ago!
I still have, and occasionally use, a sandalwood puck and a West Indian Lime puck - both in wooden bowls. They are not my best or favorite soaps performance-wise, but they have excellent fragrance and perform reasonably well.

Nice!!
The sandalwood was intoxicating, probably my favorite sandalwood of all the ones I've used!

The limes soap scent is mind blowing but the one I had didn't lather up, it was just foam. I used it as a bath soap.

Nomad had a wonderful scent was also great and the sweet almond oil was my most favorite of all.
Only the sienna was a bit too strong for me.

The pre-2012 hard pucks were just awesome! Amazing scents and great lather.

I had a whole bunch at one stage, I really miss them!

I still have, and occasionally use, a sandalwood puck and a West Indian Lime puck - both in wooden bowls. They are not my best or favorite soaps performance-wise, but they have excellent fragrance and perform reasonably well.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Sienna for me.
You realize you exhumed a thread that is some 15+ years old. I think C&E hasn't sold any shaving soap for a decade or so.
Remember when they closed some stores and i was able to pick up some stuff for a song. And from what I remember also is that the soaps were really not that good.
1651596495328.png

Top Bottom