What's new

Cowboy Boots as Dress Shoes

I'd personally not wear them but I think the are fine in a Biz setting, as long as not worn everyday. Wearing them occasionally sets you apart as a rougue, a creative thinker, while wearing them every day to the office gets earns you the behind-your-back-nickname "Hopalong Cassidy." :biggrin:

At least in these here parts.

Last edited:
A former boss, actually the owner, wore jeans and western boots most days to work, a large gold link bracelet and flashy watch. For meetings he wore dress boots with his suit. The only time he looked odd is when he wore dress shoes, everyone was so used to his 'look'.
Sue

I've worn dress boots as professional attire all my life. So long as you're not doing anything tacky like wearing snakeskin or spurs or tucking your pants into the boot, you will be fine. People all over the world wear cowboy boots in a professional setting. Last time I was in Norway I went to a lawyer's office and just about every man there had on leather western boots.

What's stupid in my opinion is when guys feel the need to progress past boots and wear giant ridiculous hats and buckles, and these are folks that have never even been on a farm or ranch in their lives.

Of course, I'm Southern, too, so maybe I can pull it off better than some guys. But dress boots and slacks are not tacky in any way to me.

With a suit, dress ankle boots are cool.

But cowboy boots with a suit? Perhaps only if they're plain and not so pointy. Otherwise it looks terrible, especially snake skin, or those multi-colored deals. Add the huge belt buckle and hat :rolleyes: Fuggetaboudit

Of course, YMMV

I think boots in a business setting are fine as long as they are not gaudy. I wore them at times and worked with people who wore them everyday. I never heard any negative comments. When our office was suits and ties I did not see them all that much but when we went to business casual they were more often seen. Always loved boots but unfortunately they were not really good for my feet so I have stopped wearing them.

In healthcare a "suit" is an administrator...it is a term used to describe those who run the business side of healthcare, most often used by physicians.

I tend to call them brass. Whatever you call them, the biggest bonus of night shift is avoiding them. :biggrin: You don't recognize the name Candy Knowles by any chance do you?

I tend to call them brass. Whatever you call them, the biggest bonus of night shift is avoiding them. :biggrin: You don't recognize the name Candy Knowles by any chance do you?

Nope, I don't know her. You know you love us though...you need us to keep you paid!!

I've worn dress boots as professional attire all my life. So long as you're not doing anything tacky like wearing snakeskin or spurs or tucking your pants into the boot, you will be fine. People all over the world wear cowboy boots in a professional setting. Last time I was in Norway I went to a lawyer's office and just about every man there had on leather western boots.

What's stupid in my opinion is when guys feel the need to progress past boots and wear giant ridiculous hats and buckles, and these are folks that have never even been on a farm or ranch in their lives.

Of course, I'm Southern, too, so maybe I can pull it off better than some guys. But dress boots and slacks are not tacky in any way to me.

Yeah, but you also are a really big fan of canned shaving cream so... :lol:

Just kidding :biggrin:

That might work in some parts of the country, but I don't see showing up to court in Manhattan wearing my Noconas any time soon.

:kyle1:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Cowboy boots with a suit seems to be a really regional issue: a few places it's fine; otherwise, I'd say absolutely not. At a rough guess, I'd say anywhere in Texas is boot country. Montana probably the same. Outside of that, my knowledge of American regional geography and culture isn't strong enough to make specific recommendations.

What's a suit? :confused:

Bill, the next time you are buying some clothes, get a pair of jeans and a jean jacket in the same colour/shade, by the same brand. You now have a suit.

:thumbup:

Nope, I don't know her. You know you love us though...you need us to keep you paid!!

She was one our VP's. She came from some hospital in WI, but I can't remember where. She was brutal. She hired a director just like her to hatchet. We had around forty officers when she hired him. There are eight of us left. We went through 52 officers in 52 weeks. :eek: I have no idea how I survived. Without any warning, she didn't return to work one weekend and we got the famous "She pursued other opportunities" email. The director she hired went the same route a few weeks later. :thumbup:

You're right, we love ya. :biggrin: Honestly, most of the suits aren't that bad. The problem is the ones who think they wear more lettuce than they do.

That might work in some parts of the country, but I don't see showing up to court in Manhattan wearing my Noconas any time soon.

:kyle1:

I thought cowboy boots were common in Manhattan. :confused:

proxy.php

Hey I was in a small town in the Sandhills of Nebraska last year having dinner in the motel dining room and they wear there spurs to dinner there. I was the only one without cowboy boots although I did have on my motorcycle boots.

HD

Top Bottom