What's new

Couple issues

Breaking in my new Dan Wessom PM9.
Things are going pretty good I but have a couple issues for the incredibly knowledgeable group here.

Firstly, I cannot squeeze 10 rounds into my mags - they just won't fit. 9 max, supposed to take 10.

When I load 9 then chamber a round, pop the mag to put in the 10th sometimes it pops a round out when mag is released, not always though.
I know @OkieStubble had the same issue with his Springfield but don't remember if the issue was stated although fixed.
If the mag is reinserted, sometimes, not always, the second round doesn't chamber, just a click.
If I only load the mag full to 9 rounds it shoots flawlessly.
For some reason reinserting the mag does something.
What can I do?
I will add that here in Canada service is not what it should be. Returning to CZ is not an option.
Even taking it to a gunsmith is a hassle.

Is there anything I can do to remedy either of these anomalies?

Thanks in advance.

Squeeze all 10 rounds into the mag and leave them sit for awhile. I had the same problem with my Sig P365. They’ll loosen up a smidge after some time.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Yep.... Springs are new. Load them up and let them sit. They will take a set and should play nice after.

Squeeze all 10 rounds into the mag and leave them sit for awhile. I had the same problem with my Sig P365. They’ll loosen up a smidge after some time.

Yep.... Springs are new. Load them up and let them sit. They will take a set and should play nice after.

Man I tried a few times, pushed like hell. I just couldn't get the 10th in.
It seems easy to load the 9, not much resistance really.
I will try again, thanks guys.
How long should I let it sit if I get it in?

nikonNUT

Sooo there might be another issue? From the DW website…
7221D0B7-9AB0-4BF0-8CC2-97200FC12E38.jpeg

Looks like she’s a 9+1 maybe? Gotenda.com says 9+1 as well.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My Springfield was stripping two rounds out of the Checkmate brand mags that came with my pistol, at the same time. First round would chamber and the second just sat loose inside the receiver.

Keeping the new mags loaded trying to get the springs to take a set worked correctly for a couple of cycles and then reverted back to stripping two rounds out at the same time.

Frustrated, I read on some online 1911 threads, of other Springfield owners having the same problem. I took the slide off of the frame and inserted the loaded mag just into the frame.

With the slide off, the top round in the magazine was pushing very hard up against the bottom underside of the ejector. This pressure from the tight fit and extra length in the Checkmate brand mags, caused the double feed.

I purchased a Wilson Combat ETM mag and when inserting it fully loaded into the Springfield frame, the top round in the mag set a few millimeters lower and left some daylight shine between the round and extractor.

No more double feeds now that I carry 3 Wilson Combat ETM’s. :)

Sooo there might be another issue? From the DW website…
View attachment 1312260
Looks like she’s a 9+1 maybe? Gotenda.com says 9+1 as well.

Well, you might have something there but here is where I bought it,
Says 10 for 9mm - Typo?
Must be 9 though, there is just no room for 10.
Still doesn't address the issue of not chambering after removing and reinserting with an extra.
If its not the spring then what?

OkieStubble

Says 10 for 9mm - Typo?

That sure is a nice gun.

OkieStubble

Says 10 for 9mm - Typo?
Still doesn't address the issue of not chambering after removing and reinserting with an extra.
If its not the spring then what?

Says capacity 10, doesn't say, "mag" capacity 10? I have an inquiring mind. :)

Thanks, pretty happy with it so far.
My mind was not that inquiring when shopping.
I assumed a 10 round mag.:001_unsur
You guys are probably right though.
Thanks.

OkieStubble

The Dan Wesson Pointman Nine is one graceful, smooth, reliable and accurate 1911 holding 9 + 1 rounds of 9mm. This is a full-sized 1911

nikonNUT

@stone and strop I would still give the mags some fully loaded relaxation time. All my 9MM 1911s were “difficult” to load the first few times out. And Rob is on to something as well. I’ve not used 9MM Wilson mags but the 47Ds were the bees knees in my .45s back in the day. If you are dying for 10 round mags you might check out the Nighthawk Custom mags. My Agent 2 came with them (obviously) and I have no issues running 10+1.

@stone and strop I would still give the mags some fully loaded relaxation time. All my 9MM 1911s were “difficult” to load the first few times out. And Rob is on to something as well. I’ve not used 9MM Wilson mags but the 47Ds were the bees knees in my .45s back in the day. If you are dying for 10 round mags you might check out the Nighthawk Custom mags. My Agent 2 came with them (obviously) and I have no issues running 10+1.

They look great but won't ship to Canada.
I am looking at Wilson Combat Elite that should work as well. There are some in Canada but haven't reached them to make sure they work.

Just ordered three of these,

Last edited:
I had the same thing with my 12 rounders with my Sig P365xl also, I ended up getting a Mag Lula loader to help, makes a world of difference and saves the fingers.

I noticed that the original mags did leave the bullets tippy and probably cause the issue when re&re.
Sounds like Wilson has addressed this.

Top Bottom