What's new

couple hybrids

thought id post a couple of my hybrid brushes
proxy.php

proxy.php

Dig these so much man. This is my goal right here.

Did you start on wood or just get going on blanks? Or did you pour/cast these yourself?

Dig these so much man. This is my goal right here.

Did you start on wood or just get going on blanks? Or did you pour/cast these yourself?

I have only been turning for about 2 or 3 months now? When I first started turning I only did wood blanks. I have been enjoying it a lot. I just got into stabilizing and casting last week. A bit of a learning curve but not terrible if you research it.

That’s pretty impressive sir.

Stoked to get going on this, gonna be a while and I’m super busy with work but it’s nice to know I can be up and running inside of a few months.

Be sure and post more of these as you do them, super interested in what you turn out.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Are you buffing or wet sanding for your finish
Most do both until they get a"Glass" like finish.
I like the 4 th picture best
Very nice job.

Nice job, especially for a first effort. They’re nicely shaped with some pretty cool colors as well.

CA finishes take a bit to get good at but are worth the time to learn. You can always try spray lacquer too. I’ve even seen some spray lacquer onto their resin handles to avoid the time it takes to wetsand and buff to a high gloss, but I question how long it would last. There’s no substitute for getting a clean finishing cut and progressively wetsanding through the grits then buffing to get that professional looking shine, but don’t worry about nailing it right from the start, you’ll get good with some practice. Buy a 2x4, rip it down, and practice clean finishing cuts and a CA finish. If you can get a 2x4 smooth from the skew or gouge and nicely finished you’ll be able to do it on anything. It’s a cheap way to get good at proper tool technique as well. Keep it up, you’ve done real good for your first, or even 10th time.

Top Bottom