What's new

Counterfeit UpLULA Reloaders

@nortac
Sent it to UpLULA. Figured I’d like to help get fakes like this off the market. Seems they plan on using them as court evidence.

That's what I would do as well, having said that, International court is a joke. China has been convicted of numerous crimes such as counterfeiting, theft of intellectual property etc.. yet they just thumb their nose and continue.

That's not getting them off of the market. When they are sent to the manufacturer they are used in a lawsuit that, as you stated, China just thumbs their noses at. The manufacture in good faith sends you the money to buy a real one, the counterfeiter gets to keep the money you spend with them, and keep selling the fakes. The best thing to do is using communities like this to keep spreading the word so purchasers will know and not buy them. Remove the market for fakes and the fakes go away. I for one was not even aware of such, but now that I know, I won't purchase from Amazon, I'll use a recommended retailer.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Please also contact Amazon about the transaction. It's likely they do not want to be known as selling fakes.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Somewhat related, I ran into the same issue with my reloading bench digital caliper.

Top box ended up being a Hecho en China counterfeit, purchased on ebay. Arrived with a slightly-askew set screw ... contacted the seller, who immediately refunded my $s & told me to keep the calipers.

Did my research, then purchased a calibration block & another Mitutoyo (bottom box), this one, Japanese-made, from an industrial supplier. It goes without saying, but that Chinese set screw wasn’t the only thing askew on the fake caliper ... it was off by a mile.

That's not getting them off of the market. When they are sent to the manufacturer they are used in a lawsuit that, as you stated, China just thumbs their noses at. The manufacture in good faith sends you the money to buy a real one, the counterfeiter gets to keep the money you spend with them, and keep selling the fakes. The best thing to do is using communities like this to keep spreading the word so purchasers will know and not buy them. Remove the market for fakes and the fakes go away. I for one was not even aware of such, but now that I know, I won't purchase from Amazon, I'll use a recommended retailer.

Agreed, the retailer's here need to be punished.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If you look at the reviews on Amazon for the Uplula, most are positive and probably many are legit. There are relatively few negative reviews mentioning Chinese counterfeits. The point being, that a negative review may go unnoticed.

When I looked into it, I did a google search for reviews on a particular vendor. What I found (outside of Amazon) were reports of folk receiving fakes from this vendor. The Amazon reviews are 5 star.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
For ham radio types, the Nagoya 2-meter rubber-duck antennas are usually fake ... Which must infuriate the Japanese maker as well as the buyer.

AA

Given the lack of co-operation from Chinese authorities regarding "fakes" I suspect from the tone of the letter that the genuine manufacturer is going after Amazon instead.

I assume it's illegal to sell counterfeit goods in the USA.

Have a look at some of the old threads regarding RiMei razors on B&B. The Chinese even counterfeited their own successful products to the extent that both lines seem to have ended production.

The Chinese (and others like Malaysia) are so into intellectual property theft and counterfeiting, that I saw a report that 80% of the world production of name brand products like Philips HID bulb replacements are fake.

I bought one of those that was complete with a fake QR code that led to a very professional (but fake) validation website.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The biggest difference I see is in this picture of Acmemfg's loader that UpLULA said was a counterfeit.
562220c1-bda5-49d6-894e-e03eb9a687ca-jpeg.953163

This is the one that my husband ordered recently, for me, from MidwayUSA. Don't let the purple blind you. I thought it'd be easy to see in the bag of stuff we take to the range. :lol:

notice that the printing is different and there isn't a WWW. in front of maglula.com
View attachment 953236

This one is my husband's that he bought from a local gun shop in December of last year.
View attachment 953237

Yay! Many thanks, just bought legit one from Gander, no WWW.

One of the few items on sale there.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Was reasonably happy just using the simple Glock loader, but I admit this thing is slick. Will work especially well with tight P365 mags!

AA

Top Bottom