What's new

Couldn’t Wait

I did an experiment this morning. I used the Feather shavette for a first pass followed by the Salamander with a Coticule hone. I got the same or near result with the Feather as I've been getting with the SR. This tells me the SR blade is sharp enough, but with my beard type, that first pass, while acceptable and clean to the downward touch, there is still stumble to be felt when moving up.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I did an experiment this morning. I used the Feather shavette for a first pass followed by the Salamander with a Coticule hone. I got the same or near result with the Feather as I've been getting with the SR. This tells me the SR blade is sharp enough, but with my beard type, that first pass, while acceptable and clean to the downward touch, there is still stumble to be felt when moving up.

BOSC.2.All experiments are encouraged.jpg

I'm still experimenting. I've read men say they can get the same result from a SR as with a DE or SE "safety razor". I took that to mean more than I thought. So, today I did a first pass and felt my face. It was as smooth as any safety razor.

Our definition of a good shave is altered when we start reading the posts here. I never remember feeling my face before coming here and frankly, I wish I would stop because no one cares except you. I mean, it's not like someone can tell that you only shaved with the grain. That's why we shave, right? Appearance?

I'm still experimenting. I've read men say they can get the same result from a SR as with a DE or SE "safety razor". I took that to mean more than I thought. So, today I did a first pass and felt my face. It was as smooth as any safety razor.

Our definition of a good shave is altered when we start reading the posts here. I never remember feeling my face before coming here and frankly, I wish I would stop because no one cares except you. I mean, it's not like someone can tell that you only shaved with the grain. That's why we shave, right? Appearance?

I think some are of the opinion that feel is important to their lady friend. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying the stones. I did a series of dripping water laps on the Thuringian last night for the Challenge Rife Razor, and dripping water on the Salamander. The shave this AM was very satisfying. Both razors performed well.

I guess part of the enjoyment is discovery and finding what works. The varieties are endless.

I'm enjoying the stones. I did a series of dripping water laps on the Thuringian last night for the Challenge Rife Razor, and dripping water on the Salamander. The shave this AM was very satisfying. Both razors performed well.

I guess part of the enjoyment is discovery and finding what works. The varieties are endless.

It is fun to experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've come to a mile stone in my use of a SR/shavette. Things are getting faster and not because I am intending to be fast. Today I did a three pass. First and third with a Theo Koch's 11/16 Marcella with a second sandwiched in with the folding Feather SS.

Regarding the SS, I recommend this shavette as an entry into using a SR with the Pro Guard Artist Club blades.

Salamander and Geneva #7 today for the win. I've worked at producing these edges on the Coticule and Thuringian stones respectively. Usually I just strop on leather only, but last night I used the linen followed by horse hide and I think it made a difference. Best shave of the week.
two.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
What brush is that? Thanks!

Omega Mixed Midget. 11047.

newMixedMidgetSC.JPG

Link. My photo is to the brush new and right out of the box, never wet.

I wouldn't say the Mixed Midget is my very favorite brush by any means. It's not particularly soft. It's pretty small. However, it is an amazingly heavy hitter for such a small and inexpensive brush. It will work up an amazing lather such that you might think it's three times its size. In all respects it performs quite well.

It's also possible that it becomes softer over time. I put mine through a reasonably long break in process along with some boar brushes, and it did become somewhat softer, but I've not used mine all that many times.

PlissonMixedMidgetSV.JPG

The Plisson razor is quite long but this photos shows how small the brush is I hope.

I'm not in any way saying it is an unacceptable brush in any sense.

Happy shaves,

Jim

The 11047 is an amazing combination of sweet and sour/ soft and bristles.

Laters wonderfully!

I would never reserve it for travel.

Top Bottom