What's new

Could you shave a balloon without popping it?

Could you shave a balloon without popping it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have seen a couple challenge videos on YouTube of people shaving a balloon with lather on it, could you do it without popping it? Could you give someone else a good shave (barbers/other professionals have to use kitchen knives in this hypothetical scenario).

I haven't tried it, but I would think the biggest obstacle is the same one new straight shavers face; not starting a stroke from a dead stop. You have to set your angle and commit.

How inflated is the balloon? An over inflated balloon will pop if you look at it sideways, whereas an under inflated balloon isn't easy to pop.

How inflated is the balloon? An over inflated balloon will pop if you look at it sideways, whereas an under inflated balloon isn't easy to pop.

+1! And that may be the key for the demos.

The goal is to use NO pressure IMO! If thinking about shaving balloons helps, no problem!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Pretending that I'm shaving lather off a balloon caused a huge jump in the quality of my shaves.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This thread takes me back. When my wife and I were first married (1974), we were at a church picnic... and they had a series of games after the meal. Shaving a balloon contest was one of them. My wife took the blade out of hers and commenced hitting the balloon.. slapping it too and fro and it didn't break..... balloon after balloon broke, of course... and I was there, holding the balloon with my teeth, shaving cream all over my face... we were both laughing hysterically.... and the people all got mad... accused my wife of cheating.

It was soooo obvious we were playing around... like I said... the balloon was going side to side.. up and down.. with shaving cream flying. oh well.... we didn't claim to win or anything like that.... just a couple of newly married kids (21 and 20), having fun).

So thx for reminding me of a fond memory... my wife and I had a good laugh when I mentioned this thread to her.

Top Bottom