What's new

Could you help me choose a Simpsons synthetic, please?

Evo is fantastic and yes a new version. Nothing like the old dogs. Great handle options. Knot is Similar to T3. My two favorite synthetics. T3 wind on price.

If I read this correctly there is a new EVO fiber? How can you differentiate the new version from the old?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
skippable intro paragraph: the handle of my long-time brush broke after a certain member of my household dropped it. First I thought I'd buy the same again, but the company doesn't sell badger anymore, and while I might be able to find one in stock somewhere, I'm not against synthetic, especially as my prejudices concerning how they perform seem out of date. So I came across Simpsons, and their considerable range could be better documented on their site.

I've been using a Kent BK4, and like the size and the feel in my hand. I also have a Kent BLK4 - same dimensions, I think, but silver tip, which I find too soft somehow. But maybe I should work on my technique. I face-lather, though I'm not ideological about that. I don't mind the certain scrub (scritch?) of the BK4, while the softer BLK4 gives me the feeling that the bristles just gently caress the surface of the cream (Trumper's) instead of lathering it. With brushes that are big and soft, I fear the tips would stay in place while the middle part swings around.

The brushes on the Simpsons website all seem to be the same, except for big differences in price. Well, I'm exaggerating - I do see differences in sizes and handle shapes, but still. My current brush is small to medium in Kent's description but all at Simpsons are smaller, if I get that right.

Can you help me?

Here are my thoughts on the Simpson and Kent synthetics:

Hope this helps. :cool:

Top Bottom