What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

A new stone came in the other day. It not quite what I expected, but still a very nice stone. I thought it was going to be blazing fast. I would call it moderate on slurry and slow on water. it provided me a silent root in HHT pre stropping, following a unicot ( i didn't test root out). This Stone is Very hard, and it leaves one of the mellowest edge I have ever felt, rivaling my LGBs. I did 4 passes including ATG ( I never go ATG anymore) and my skin doesn't even feel like I shaved today, except for the super smoothness. Its also a pretty big chunk of coti. Any ideas on the Vein? I was thinking LD, but I honestly have no idea anymore.
View attachment 536742View attachment 536743View attachment 536744View attachment 536745View attachment 536746

Pretty sure that is a RGV........ REALLY GORGEOUS VEIN!! :thumbup::001_wub::a50::ouch1::ouch1:

Not happy about having to follow Noel's stone but I snagged this blushing beauty on a bin this morning. 5x 1.25
proxy.php

The speed on my new bout changed quite a bit by switching up the slurry stone. I went from using a slower Les Lat slurry stone, to using a LPB and the speed picked up quite a bit. I was seeing black waif after the first set of 10 Half strokes with very little pressure. I had the same great HHT results. For my honing style I find it to be a Very good stone and appears to be a keeper. I'm sending it off to Scott tomorrow for him to play around with and to get his opinion on it.

Maybe this isn't polite to ask, but where do you guys find these spectacular hones. I've been looking for some bouts with spots, but haven't seen any on the usual venues, viz. TSS and Ardennes.

Or I should say a bout.

sites like the above posted will cause me to cut up credit cards and cancel paypal accounts !!!

I deleted the ebay and PayPal apps on my phone and iPad the first of the year. There has to be an end to this madness!

More stones for me then. :001_cool:

Made a deal for a sweet Les Lat Hybrid + matching slurry stone. It has probably been posted here before as it's from a fellow member.

Top Bottom