What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Had this one for some time also..

La Grosse Blanche,glued to slate. These have a reputation for face friendly shaves... We'll see tomorrow

About 150x40mm

proxy.php

Nice. Glad to see some LL's starting to become available again.
These had the mine stamps on them, but I got them from a guy on etsy cause I guess people buy up the supply and sell online for profit. I never see them on the mine website. It was a nice classic three layer LL hybrid and LL. Only the side with the Hybrid showing needed a 1-2mm lapped off to fix chips and lapping ring from the mine. Took about 45min to hour on Sic powder, but I had some others I wanted to make sure where flat too so it got me to do them.

Did a little test on both sides after trying to calm it down some after lapping and it seems really speedy on both side on water or slurry. Crazy fast with slurry. Black swarf floating in the water in just a few strokes on water only.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Most of them have way above average speed on the yellow side. Makes for easy dilutions if you’re in to that sort of thing.

Most of them have way above average speed on the yellow side. Makes for easy dilutions if you’re in to that sort of thing.

Is that both yellow layers of LL from the new mine? I remember the old mine stuff had one really fast yellow side and the other was a bit less so. Only had a couple new mine LL and both were fast on the yellow but I assumed that was just that I got the fast side on both. (One was actually three layered, but the hybrid was peaking through the bottom side so that could explain why it was slower than the top)

If it's a vintage could well be an old rock. I've seen a lot of old rocks that were from the yellow layer of Les Lat (or some other vein that had a hybrid-like layer).

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Love that stone. Depending on how the speed is I'd be tempted to get creative and glue it to a soft ark or maybe a modern hard as a set up stone. I may have an old piece of BBW here that you can have. Let me dig a little.

Top Bottom