What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

I’m only a few honings in since acquiring and lapping this one... Hideous ~5-8mm thick bout, but she brings plenty of keen to the party every attempt so far.

EB593BDF-3CA7-4BD2-92B6-D608AED3A3BC.jpeg

Picked this one. First pic when I started lapping, second is lapped and wet. It's pretty, that's all I can tell you about it.

fullsizeoutput_19d5.jpeg
IMG_3116.JPG

077CA6C5-83BF-469B-94DA-F4B443D8C854.jpeg

Just finished lapping this stone. It’s about 7.5 by 1.5. It was in my drawer for a while so taking it out to put it to use.

Got this stone from a member on coticule.be sometime in 2011 I think. Stone was given to him by Bart apparently and was told it was a la verte. It’s extremely hard and doesn’t slurry much. I used to use it just with water to finish.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I’m sure you all saw this one. The eBay pics made it look like it was falling apart, but the two open lines were much tighter than they looked. A little CA and lapping and it’s solid as a....rock and ready for action.
B9B52F27-F7A9-4B64-8E4A-C8A6B1FDE6CC.jpeg

Beautiful. I was surprised how much you had to pay for it. Figured the damage would scare people off, but I guess they want all that manganese. Glad you got it in the end.

David

If it wasn’t cracked I suspect it would have went for 250-300. Manganese sells.

David

I knew you would bid on that once you saw it...
Haha. I can’t resist those hard pale stones with manganese lines. They are almost always exceptional stones.

Ca glue is like coticule duct tape, it fixes everything...
It really does. It needs to be the super thin CA so it soaks down deep into the cracks and fills them in. Once it’s dried and lapped you literally can’t see it or feel it under the blade.

Top Bottom