What's new

FS Coticule, Black Ark, Oozuku, Nakayama Hones

Listed below are a few stones in fine condition & up for grabs.
I'm not a stone expert, but I did have good luck with all of these at one point with many different straights and know there are many great edges left in each.

Will field questions as best I can.
Thanks!

Oozuku Iromono - Fun stone in the not too hard, not too soft category. Easy to raise the red/amber slurry and no issues with water only laps. Not perfectly rectangular, but close enough for easy razor work. The sides and bottom are sealed, the edges are chamfered and the top is lapped. The divot on one edge can be relieved by lapping the top down, or bringing the chamfer in a bit. I used this mainly as a mid-range stone, but have had good results with water only finishing laps as well. Purchased from TomoNagura via Etsy – Never had any issues with Keith’s stones and still have a few in service. Approximate dimensions are 5.91x2.1x.93 inches.

$170 shipped & insured
Oozuku Iromono.jpg

oozuku2.jpg
oozuku3.jpg
oozuku4.jpg

Hard Black Arkansas Stone - Large 8x3 stone – One side flat for razor use, and the other side not as flat that works well for knives. These are a challenge to get level and I know this one is in the 98% range. I have used this as a razor finishing stone with oil & water favoring water. Stone is slick, fine, super-hard, and will produce some super crisp edges for the patient honer. Approximate dimensions 8x3x.5 inches - Box included. Inside of box has writing on it from a previous owner-

$90 shipped & insured
8x3 ark.jpg

Ardennes Coticule - Medium-fast, nicely cut coticule hone. Great single stone solution that can work a blade from bevel set to final edge… Light slurry with 1-2 dilutions also works quickly to touch up edges when needed. Box & slurry stone included. Approximate dimensions 6.9x1.5x.76 inches.

$105 shipped & insured
coti2.jpg

coti3.jpg

Nakiyama JNAT - Hard stone that has worked well on all of my razors. I’ve used this both as a final finisher and mid-level stone depending on what else I had out on the bench. Stone releases slurry with a little coaxing, works fine with softer nagura, & provides good feedback with water only. I’ve had 3 Nakiyama stones and all have been top-tier. This was originally purchased from AFrames Tokyo, and I’m sure still weighs very close to the 1.5lbs (692g) – Approximate dimensions 7.3x2.7x.95 inches.

$255 shipped & insured
nakayama-natural-whetstone-1lb-8-5oz-692g-4.jpg
nakayama2.jpg
nakayama3.jpg

Top Bottom