What's new

cost saving. multi shave DE razor?

B

benqish

How often do I need to change an Israeli personna DE safety blade? I have a light beard, should I manage a week? How will I know when enough is enough? Will it depend upon the lather, beard or other factors? What do you think?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Welcome, benqish. I usually can get four good, multipass shaves with an Israeli Personna. After that, it's a crapshoot.

Works out to around $0.04 per shave, so I wouldn't push it.

Welcome sir!

I know a few people that claim that they get a week's worth of shaves off a single blade, bu they aren't common. Most people suggest changing every 3-4 days. The blades are cheap enough that it doesn't seriously hurt the pocket book to throw them out far more regularly than people tend to with an M3 or the other cartridge razors. Your face will thank you for regularly changing the blades too.

bengish - I think everybody is a little bit different with this. If you have a light beard you might be able to get a week. I suggest monitoring your feel and the results when you are finished. If you feel the blade pulling or catching and you want to add pressure then a change is needed. If you need to go over spots more and more it is time to change. The previous replies are good ones. Blades for DEs are cheap so don't try to extend the use of one because the damage to your face isn't worth the pennies you are saving.:wink:

I agree with Limey. It just depends. Some people get a week out of that blade, some don't. With a light beard, you might. You know when it doesn't shave as well. Either by dragging and pulling on the hair more than it did the first couple of days, or by leaving more hair uncut, or by irritating the skin more. Try going for a week. If non of those things happen, then you are good. If they do, then you know to change one day sooner than when it happened.

-Mo

I'm usually the type to go for a "record" in everything.....this is one of those instances where I haven't tried. Based on everything that I've read in these forums, I change blades (Feathers, Derbys, IP, Merkur, Gillette) after 3 shaves. I could probably push it further, but as mentioned previously, blades are rather inexpensive.....so why tear up this tired old face?

3 days for me. Now I know how to lather I might try to push it for a couple more days. Good lather makes the difference.

Top Bottom