What's new

Cost of soaps

So much has been written or broadcast about the inflation in uk, yet I've never seen soaps or creams differ. Large bl9ck of cella for £21; marten de cadre prices less by some vendors. With the exchange rate you guys in USA must be getting some bargains if buying from the UK!

So much has been written or broadcast about the inflation in uk, yet I've never seen soaps or creams differ. Large bl9ck of cella for £21; marten de cadre prices less by some vendors. With the exchange rate you guys in USA must be getting some bargains if buying from the UK!
While prices are less expensive for the most part these days (for a US resident buying from the UK), unless you're buying a fair bit of stuff, the shipping costs erase any discounts. I bought a Muhle Rocca R95 razor and matching STF brush from shaving.ie some weeks back, and even with shipping, saved about $125 over having bought it from a US vendor. But for only, say, $10-20 in savings, I'd rather buy from a US vendor, especially if there might be the likelihood of a return.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Living in Ireland I have noticed the prices on both home grown and European websites creeping up. The afformentioned Irish website has increased the prices on many of my favourite soaps (SV and ZM particularly by €2 per puck) the price of a Rockwell 6S jumped by €20 on the last time they had it probably due to exchange rate fluctuations, though the Rocca has held its price. Another popular European site has also raised prices. I am just glad I am no longer buying as much as I used to.

Living in Ireland I have noticed the prices on both home grown and European websites creeping up. The afformentioned Irish website has increased the prices on many of my favourite soaps (SV and ZM particularly by €2 per puck) the price of a Rockwell 6S jumped by €20 on the last time they had it probably due to exchange rate fluctuations, though the Rocca has held its price. Another popular European site has also raised prices. I am just glad I am no longer buying as much as I used to.
Me too, brother. Though I've convinced myself I need to spend nearly $100 on a tub of T&H Apsley and matching aftershave balm. Lord knows why. I'll be dead long before I finish my current stash of soaps, creams, aftershaves, and blades... sigh.

Top Bottom