What's new

Coronavirus and Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serie A matches cancelled in Italy, Premier League matches postponed, and the NCAA Basketball Tournament to be played in empty arenas. I have tickets to a few upcoming sporting events in Philadelphia, it seems unlikely the events will be held as scheduled.

Speaking of basketball, I heard something about NBA games being potentially played in empty arenas too. That will feel... very strange.

There's a UFC event taking place in Madison Square garden in a month... i wonder if it will be empty as well.

Interestingly most people do not comprehend the severity of this virus!

If it just came to a personal/family decision to go to a public event and play the risk card and get contaminated , no one would really care if this was not a disease that will further infect people in an exponential manner.

BUT this is a social issue..., one persons irresponsibility will lead to many deaths down the road.... even if that 1st person does not get really sick. So people should be conscious.....irresponsible conduct will lead to deaths and maybe for some to understand: it could kill your grandma/grandpa, your sick family member or maybe your best friend *human*

Where I live, authorities kept the "fair" going and attendance was 570K, who knows how many people were contaminated....one goer has tested +.

If it just came to a personal/family decision to go to a public event and play the risk card and get contaminated , no one would really care if this was not a disease that will further infect people in an exponential manner.

BUT this is a social issue..., one persons irresponsibility will lead to many deaths down the road.... even if that 1st person does not get really sick. So people should be conscious.....irresponsible conduct will lead to deaths and maybe for some to understand: it could kill your grandma/grandpa, your sick family member or maybe your best friend *human*

Where I live, authorities kept the "fair" going and attendance was 570K, who knows how many people were contaminated....one goer has tested +.
IMO, much of the fear around corona is overblown. Sure, it could kill you but so could the normal flu or any of a number of other things.
The way I look at it, even if you get corona, 80% only have mild symptoms and it only has a 3% mortaility rate. If you went to the doctor and they told you that you had cancer but that there was a treatment that offered you a 97% chance of survival, youd probably take those odds.
Ive got season tickets for the Columbus Crew and I fully intend to go to the games as long as they are still letting fans in the arena. My wife and I have planned a trip to Austin next month and we are flying. In each case, Im not the slightest bit worried about it. Im not about to let corona stop me from living my life.

Yeah I totally agree with ya.
This could get really crazy real fast. People making fun of others that are taking this virus seriously might wanna just hold their tongue until it’s over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom