What's new

Corona PIF

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
We’re all in this this together, friends. I‘d like to send out a couple of items that might create some distraction. What better scent to distract than Tabac (90% full AS). I’ll also include a nice cashmere synthetic brush.

(Regrettably, this is for CONUS only.)

I’d like to send these items to a frontline medical professional — anyone that is caring for the sick and dying. If that’s you, and you can share with us your role so we can send thoughts and prayers in your direction, feel free to enter.

Maybe the Tabac could either scare away the virus, or give a patient a reason to fight another day.

A special thank-you to @Nobeard (Tom) for helping to fund this PIF. Thanks, Tom!

Be safe, my friends.

9A95EC3B-76A4-4928-894D-7ECD4F67E6F0.jpeg

I'm a nursing student, so I don't think I qualify for the PIF but thought I'd share the role I provide in the hospital. As a first-semester student, there are still a few things I can't do, like inserting NG tubes and urinary catheters (check-offs for those in the next couple weeks), but I have been administering oral and parenteral medication, including flu shots, pneumonia vaccines, and insulin injections. I've helped feed patients who couldn't do for themselves and kept some company who just needed someone to talk to. I am able to help bathe patients and provide basic wound care. The most exciting thing happened a few weeks ago when I lucked into joining a couple of surgeries (the first a cholecystectomy, the second an ovarian cyst removal), where my inexperience limited me to just helping move the patient from the operating table into the hospital bed. The current pandemic has certainly made for an interesting time to be in the medical field, even in a limited capacity.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I'm a nursing student, so I don't think I qualify for the PIF but thought I'd share the role I provide in the hospital. As a first-semester student, there are still a few things I can't do, like inserting NG tubes and urinary catheters (check-offs for those in the next couple weeks), but I have been administering oral and parenteral medication, including flu shots, pneumonia vaccines, and insulin injections. I've helped feed patients who couldn't do for themselves and kept some company who just needed someone to talk to. I am able to help bathe patients and provide basic wound care. The most exciting thing happened a few weeks ago when I lucked into joining a couple of surgeries (the first a cholecystectomy, the second an ovarian cyst removal), where my inexperience limited me to just helping move the patient from the operating table into the hospital bed. The current pandemic has certainly made for an interesting time to be in the medical field, even in a limited capacity.
You qualify in my book!! Thanks for all you’re doing, my friend.

Fantastic PIF, but respectfully I'm not in. I have some wilderness first aid training, and I'm married to an ex-nurse, but I'm not involved in the current situation in any meaningful way. Just doing my best to check in from time to time with neighbors, friends, and my students to make sure they are OK. There are many emerging stories of people helping people that are simply inspiring, and that includes your PIF. Well done, sir!

Top Bottom