What's new

Cornish Game Hens

Had some hickory left over so I decided to do a couple of hens. Nothing like smoking birds and listening to Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck jammin'. Must be what they refer to as the good life.

F76B1FEF-7D7C-4F8F-A534-2D3147CB20C0.jpeg

Thanks folks. It's been a while since I cooked these little guys. The wife approved :)

bberg100

Smoked hens are a frequent favorite here. Smoke a couple dozen for Christmas a few years ago, everyone complained it wasn't "traditional", but there were no scraps to be found after dinner.

First meal I ever cooked for my (now) wife was Cornish Hens with Walnut stuffing and a Mustard glaze. Thank God I don't have to do THAT any more. But you have inspired me, sir. Smoking some hens seems like a grand idea.

Watch them closely. They jump from 155° to 165° pretty quick. Not a lot of mass there!

looks yummy!!!! how long did you smoke them for? what temp? hickory is one of favorite smoking woods! i cant believe i've never smoked a cornish hen!!!

love rock cornish game hens.

when finished baking, usually halve them into two at the breast bone with a sharp knife. stuff with onion and celery before baking. olive oil, Himalayan salt, and cracked peppercorn on top.

camo