What's new

cord only/mains only

what is the future for cord only/mains only mens shavers not only in the u.s. but around the world by braun, hitachi, norelco, panasonic, remington, grundig, ect.....???? who will continue to make cord only/mains only shavers in the very distant future? any ideas you guys? rsvp.

I have no idea.

With the improvements in rechargeable battery technology, it seems that everything from cell phones, to electric razors, to power tools, to cars and trucks are adopting that technology. One disadvantage of corded electric tools, including electric razors, is that they are more prone to electrical shock, especially when working around damp areas like the bathroom sink.

I didn't even realize you could still buy a cord only shaver. Seems like a safety hazard in today's day and age. Can't imagine them being around too much longer.

With GFCI circuits they would be less of a safety hazard in today's day and age than previous years. I would assume the corded ones aren't wet/dry though. I wouldn't rinse lather from a corded one.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think much like the others. In a few years time you probably won’t be able to get a corded electric shaver anywhere. I think they will all be rechargeable.

I think much like the others. In a few years time you probably won’t be able to get a corded electric shaver anywhere. I think they will all be rechargeable.
Sure.
Without the built-in obsolescence (because all batteries stop taking a charge eventually), what's to keep us buying new products?

I looked up corded electric shavers and was surprised to find a model from Remington, Phillips and Braun. They are low cost shavers with minimum features. I think that there will always be a market for corded shavers because they are very inexpensive.

Obviously, the user has to realize that it can’t be used with water or washed.

Last edited:
Sure.
Without the built-in obsolescence (because all batteries stop taking a charge eventually), what's to keep us buying new products?

They batteries do eventually fail. Then getting rid of them is problem, at least in the States, as it is illegal to put rechargeable batteries in the garbage. They are considered to be hazardous waste.

Point well taken. When I was younger all electric shavers were corded and they lasted for years. Generally, I bought a new one because I wanted a new version of the shaver not because the old one stopped working. The same thing applies today. After five years my Panasonic ES8103 battery began to lose it’s ability to hold a charge and the trimmer had failed, I was ready to buy a new one.

Top Bottom