What's new

Copper lather bowl - final design, three versions

Thanks guys, for the feedback. That is what is helping us refine this into the winner that it will be. The bowls are being shipped to us for evaluation. Looks to me like the rolled edge is a clear favorite and the hammered finish makes it look complete. I have to weigh in too - The Captain preferred the flared edge! I thought it added some visual interest to the design but I was in the minority there. The plan is for us to try out the bowls firsthand and then get an order underway. The thumb rest which has our logo on the outside has been hand done in these prototypes. We are going to have a stamp made for the sake of consistency. We are also going to have a stamp made for the exterior of the bottom of the bowl where our company name will go. The goal is to have our first order ready to sell by October first!

Thanks guys, for the feedback. That is what is helping us refine this into the winner that it will be. The bowls are being shipped to us for evaluation. Looks to me like the rolled edge is a clear favorite and the hammered finish makes it look complete. I have to weigh in too - The Captain preferred the flared edge! I thought it added some visual interest to the design but I was in the minority there. The plan is for us to try out the bowls firsthand and then get an order underway. The thumb rest which has our logo on the outside has been hand done in these prototypes. We are going to have a stamp made for the sake of consistency. We are also going to have a stamp made for the exterior of the bottom of the bowl where our company name will go. The goal is to have our first order ready to sell by October first!

I will chime in and say...flared is my favorite followed by the rolled.

These look AMAZING Scott!

Tallying up the voting with those in this thread plus the ones on our Facebook page and here are the totals:

38 Rolled
18 Flared
7 Unfinished

With so many saying how hard it was to choose between Rolled and Flared it might be that we stock both initially and see how the sales go. That gives customers a choice and if sales support it we can stock both. I say let the market dictate what is carried.

Tallying up the voting with those in this thread plus the ones on our Facebook page and here are the totals:

38 Rolled
18 Flared
7 Unfinished

With so many saying how hard it was to choose between Rolled and Flared it might be that we stock both initially and see how the sales go. That gives customers a choice and if sales support it we can stock both. I say let the market dictate what is carried.

Excellent solution.

I'll take a flaired as soon as you get them in stock.

Flared. Rolled looks too "factory made". Other two look like something you could get at a bazar from a one eyed, three fingered native sitting on a rug wheeling and dealing.

38 Rolled
18 Flared
7 Unfinished

Will you be updating this thread when they are in stock? It may be close to my birthday and would make a great “suggestion” for my older children.

38 Rolled
18 Flared
7 Unfinished

+1

Top Bottom