What's new

Copper lather bowl - final design, three versions

The sides are now concave to hold the lather and the finish is hammered for more visual appeal. Here are three different ways to finish off the upper edge. Tell me which of the three you prefer. Let's call them Unfinished Edge, Rolled Edge, and Flared Edge.

Thanks for your help guys, I think we are pretty much there.

IMG_4281.JPG
IMG_4291.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG

All look cool. I like rolled best as well

Agreed. You can't go wrong with any of them. The concave sides is the best feature. That, the textured bottom and the elevated compass thumb-rest deem the original Captain's Choice lather bowl head and shoulders above the rest. These copper bowls will only be that much better. Congrats!

One contrarian vote for the unfinished edge. I like the simple clean style, vaguely Scandinavian esthetic. The hammered finish looks great. Would also be suitable for drinking a bowl of Mead, or the blood of your enemies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
One of each please. Seriously they all look great but I am inclined to vote for the Rolled Edge.

Unfinished is the most elegant looking. Simplicity at its finest. It is also the weakest as there is no structural strength in "straight"

Flair retains the elegance with strength. A little more "Bombay" shaping (more pronounced center bulge) and this would be a candidate for inclusion in the MoMA collection.

Rolled sux. Just in aesthetics alone. In my mind it says "cheap". All it does is ad strength at the expense of style (sorry, I've always hated rolling edge anything for that reason).

Top Bottom