What's new

copper & clay shaving bowls

hey people so was at my local Asian grocery store and I saw these thought they'd be good to use as shaving bowls, the copper one is big at 17cm, which I got for a tenner and the clay one I got for 99p so all in all very happy with them for that price, still need to try and use them so will see how they pan out

Anyways just thought I'd share 👍

IMG_20210115_170501.jpg
IMG_20210115_170449__01.jpg
IMG_20210115_170515__01.jpg
IMG_20210115_170520__01.jpg
IMG_20210115_170531__01.jpg

I would use glazed ceramic or lacquer.

I use a little Chinese black plastic (ABS) shave bowl. It's perfectly adequate for my needs, as I only do 1 1/2 passes.

Reactions: saj
I would use glazed ceramic or lacquer.

I use a little Chinese black plastic (ABS) shave bowl. It's perfectly adequate for my needs, as I only do 1 1/2 passes.
Tbh I only got it because I was going to get a copper one from.ebay but it cost the same for a lot smaller size, so this worked out better tbh

Tbh I only got it because I was going to get a copper one from.ebay but it cost the same for a lot smaller size, so this worked out better tbh

I bet the one you were looking at was a "Turkish hammered copper bowl" for about $8. The difference is that the Turkish bowl is single layer...the hammered dimples create a turbulent surface on the inside for lather development. The one pictured has a separate "smooth" interior layer.

Whether it makes an appreciable difference....who knows? I think my Turkish bowl builds lather quicker than a smooth stainless, but either gets the job done.

finally got around to used the clay bowl today, felt really nostalgic tbh, anyone else use clay shaving bowls?

really enjoyed lathering up today tbh and i still remember i got it only for a quid lol

dropped my clay shaving bowl in the bath tub, flipping smashed to pieces lool 😭😭😭

Hope I can source another one for a quid lool 😂😂😂

Top Bottom