What's new

Cooper??

I dropped into a local antique store today. They had several SS's, a couple of Krona's, one black handle SS, a Schick Injector, and 2 other razors. I will probably pick up a Krona, probably an injector too. It's the last 2 that I have questions about. One is a Gem Micromatic, the other is a Cooper Open Comb. I've heard of the Gem, think this one is in good shape. But I've never heard of a Cooper. Here are a few pics, (no pics, it didn't happen, right?) all opinions are welcome. Thanks,
Johnnie $cooper.1.jpg$cooper.2.jpg$gem.1.jpg$gem.2.jpg

(Don't know why they are turned this way, I didn't take them this way!)

I have a Cooper like that one. Its head is the same as a Swee-Do. At least mine is. It takes a proprietary blade. You can get a standard DE blade to work if you enlarge the cutout in the center of the blade. The round holes in a standard blade don't quite match the head either, so it's a tight fit. I did it once, but don't remember what the shave was like. There are two other Cooper models that I'm aware of. One takes special blades, while the other doesn't.

I have a Cooper like that one. Its head is the same as a Swee-Do. At least mine is. It takes a proprietary blade. You can get a standard DE blade to work if you enlarge the cutout in the center of the blade. The round holes in a standard blade don't quite match the head either, so it's a tight fit. I did it once, but don't remember what the shave was like. There are two other Cooper models that I'm aware of. One takes special blades, while the other doesn't.
Shave cat nailed it....

Not sure if it's just the photos, but you could definitely pick up a better looking GEM than that pretty frequently here on BST.

Top Bottom