What's new

Cooper & French’s Authentic Barber Soap is Excellent Quality

I ordered a tub and AS balm from this fine company this week. They quickly processed my order and shipped it. A representative even emailed me personally thanking me for my purchase and invited me to check out other products of theirs. This was a nice touch. Classy and smart. My package arrived with a free sample bath soap and shaving soap. Again, smart business. Now, on to the soap.

The tub comes with an old school label, which I liked. I opened and the fragrance was subtle. It was a warm, marzipan-like floral fragrance. Nice and understated. I actually would have preferred a more pronounced scent. The soap looked like oatmeal. A soft tan appearance.

I bloomed the tub while I showered. When I loaded my brush directly from the tub, I was rewarded with gobs of thick, big, creamy suds upon lathering in my bowl. I made about 12 to 15 swirls in the tub, transferred the brush to my bowl and it lathered like a monster. Very easy. Thus far, so good.

When applied for a three-pass shave and buffing on the chin, I only had to add a few drops of water in between passes to maintain the lather, which was rich, slick and protective. After each pass, there was nice and very noticeable residual slickness on my skin.

I gave myself a DFS. No BBS. I used my Astra Blade one-two many times, I suppose. User error and no fault of the soap. No irritation. Very pleasant shave.

Cooper & French’s Authentic Barber soap really shined during post-shave. My skin felt soft and moisturized for hours after I applied the matching balm. I was impressed by these products made by artisans in Michigan. And at their price points, the soap and balm are excellent value. I rank the soap up there with Grooming Dept in the first tier.

I take great pleasure when a small business exceeds my expectations. Thank you, C&F. You have a new loyal client in me.

Top Bottom