What's new

Cooper DE razor

Just bought this on eBay. Looks like a nice, hefty open comb. Anyone have any experience with these? Good shavers? :confused1

proxy.php
proxy.php

I have never heard of these, but the seam in the handle to me says cheaply constructed, and the head design is rather strange, in that it has posts on the cap, but no matching holes in the base. Huh?? :bored:

Effectively it would seem the blade is aligned only by means of the center triangular hole. I hope that center hole doesn't have any slop.

Maybe it's just those photos, but the plating seems rather cheaply done as well.

I have never heard of these, but the seam in the handle to me says cheaply constructed, and the head design is rather strange, in that it has posts on the cap, but no matching holes in the base. Huh?? :bored:

Effectively it would seem the blade is aligned only by means of the center triangular hole. I hope that center hole doesn't have any slop.

Maybe it's just those photos, but the plating seems rather cheaply done as well.

Yeah, I had all of these thoughts as well. The price wasn't bad so I figured I'd give it a try. I'll take better pictures when it comes.

Yeah, weird.

Commie Era copy/clone/invention perhaps?

They take special blades, so you'll likely have to modify a reg. DE blade to fit.

edit: I doubt there is any problem with blade slippage. Think goodwill razors, and how goofy that looks.

Last edited:
They take special blades, so you'll likely have to modify a reg. DE blade to fit.

edit: I doubt there is any problem with blade slippage. Think goodwill razors, and how goofy that looks.

I asked the seller if it takes modern DE blades and he said yes. I hope he's not wrong...

I asked the seller if it takes modern DE blades and he said yes. I hope he's not wrong...

Unfortunately most ebay sellers don't know anything about Gillette razors, never mind obscure brands. Let us know when you receive it if it works. Just curious.

Len

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I have one in "gold". It will take a regular Feather blade if you force it on - look closely at the center post on the cap, the size & shape are different than a Gillette. Once it is on it doesn't move around. Removing the blade is more difficult.

I have one in "gold". It will take a regular Feather blade if you force it on - look closely at the center post on the cap, the size & shape are different than a Gillette. Once it is on it doesn't move around. Removing the blade is more difficult.

Wow. Just tried that with a personna blade. It looks nasty at first, the blade twisting and warping as the middle section is bent around that diamond shaped stud. Once fully tightened it seems to straighten itself out. I never thought to just power it on like that.

Hm, interesting. How's it shave?

Thanks for the info all. And I definitely trust AMB's words over the eBay seller--don't get me wrong. I was just being hopeful :001_huh:

Hm, interesting. How's it shave?

Thanks for the info all. And I definitely trust AMB's words over the eBay seller--don't get me wrong. I was just being hopeful :001_huh:

Well thanks, but it looks like gary's solution just might do the trick without blade modification.

Would the threads happen to be the same size as those of a Gillette? Maybe it'd be interesting to make a Franken-NEW out of it.

Would the threads happen to be the same size as those of a Gillette? Maybe it'd be interesting to make a Franken-NEW out of it.

The handle will fit a gillette head, but the head won't fit a gillette handle. The cooper handle has it's end hollowed out up at the top to accommodate that larger center stud.

edit: something I just noticed. Very similar to swee-do
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom