What's new

Cooling Shampoos

I totally dig the feeling of Proraso on my skin, and I like using Dr. Bronner's mint as a hand soap. What I'd love is some sort of shampoo and/or conditioner that gives me that same menthol and/or mint feeling.

I have pretty short hair, and I don't generally require any fancy products (been using Suave or Herbal Essences or whatever's on sale). Especially fantastic would be something reasonably priced that I could get locally.

So, basically, I'm looking for Proraso. But... for my head. And... in a shampoo.

Thanks, all.

[EDIT] So, I just saw this thread, don't know how I missed it. I see that there's a reccomendation for at least one shampoo, but if you want to make morein this thread, that'd be great...

Here it is: Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree Shampoo. Just as cooling as Proraso, and a nice smell to boot. Always leaves my scalp--and the few hairs I have left:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: --with a very pleasant tingle.

As an added bonus, it won't break the bank, and is available at many national chain haircutters and beauty supply shops. I got 2 HUGE pump bottles on a BOGOF deal a few months ago and won't run out for years. In fact, if you can't find any near you let me know via PM and I'll send you a good size bottle to get you through the summer.

One musician to another.:biggrin:

I have to chime in on the PM Tea Tree Shampoo. Not too long ago when I used to have hair I used to get bad cases of Eczema on my scalp. This shampoo is the only one that was able to get rid of it and keep it away. I've tried various other concoctions of Tea Tree shampoo's, but none of them compared to the PM shampoo.

mrob said:
Here it is: Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree Shampoo. Just as cooling as Proraso, and a nice smell to boot. Always leaves my scalp--and the few hairs I have left:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: --with a very pleasant tingle.

As an added bonus, it won't break the bank, and is available at many national chain haircutters and beauty supply shops. I got 2 HUGE pump bottles on a BOGOF deal a few months ago and won't run out for years. In fact, if you can't find any near you let me know via PM and I'll send you a good size bottle to get you through the summer.

One musician to another.:biggrin:

I don't know if anyone here at B&B has ever been to "SportClips" or not. It is a hair salon for MEN! One just recently opened in my area and I stopped in for a haircut a couple of weeks ago. One of the nice things is that after cutting your hair, they give you a shampoo massage with Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree Shampoo. This was my first time with the PM Tea Tree and I absolutely loved the smell and the cooling effect! I will be buying some for sure [they sell it in their salons].

Oh yeah, and when they finish the shampoo massage, they give your face a hot towel treatment and to top it off, a shoulder massage! All this for $20; and for first timers, it's only $15. Then they give you coupons for return visits. So, that's my story about how I was introduced to PM Tea Tree Shampoo! :biggrin:

Prior to its being discontinued, I loved the Body Shop's Ice Blue peppermint shampoo and conditioner. It was perfect, but I guess the SWMBO and I were the only ones who thought that! The best replacement we have found so far is Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint. It is almost as powerful (which means it is extremely powerful!) and you can find it pretty easily in most earthy/healthy stores.

Now that I read Leisureguy's post about lavender and tea-tree oils, I guess I will make it more of an occasional treat! :)001_unsur Looks down at chest...:001_unsur)

- Justin

Hello Daniel,

Another product to consider is Baxter's shampoo. Very intense, cooling peppermint.

Follow up with Osage Rub, either sprayed on or rubbed in, for a very cooling effect.

Cheers,

Richard
Plano TX

I've used the American crew and tea tree products and they are both nice. Neutragna T-gel is a bit cheaper. I've done the full Tea Tree treatment at Sportclips also. Very relaxing.
Cheers,
Jeff

PottyDoctor said:
I don't know if anyone here at B&B has ever been to "SportClips" or not. It is a hair salon for MEN! One just recently opened in my area and I stopped in for a haircut a couple of weeks ago. One of the nice things is that after cutting your hair, they give you a shampoo massage with Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree Shampoo. This was my first time with the PM Tea Tree and I absolutely loved the smell and the cooling effect! I will be buying some for sure [they sell it in their salons].

Oh yeah, and when they finish the shampoo massage, they give your face a hot towel treatment and to top it off, a shoulder massage! All this for $20; and for first timers, it's only $15. Then they give you coupons for return visits. So, that's my story about how I was introduced to PM Tea Tree Shampoo! :biggrin:

Just went for the first time this past weekend. The Tea Tree shampoo is great... and the hot steam towel with the tea tree oil is so relaxing... oh yeah, and the haircut was great also.

rossination said:
I totally dig the feeling of Proraso on my skin, and I like using Dr. Bronner's mint as a hand soap. What I'd love is some sort of shampoo and/or conditioner that gives me that same menthol and/or mint feeling.

I have pretty short hair, and I don't generally require any fancy products (been using Suave or Herbal Essences or whatever's on sale). Especially fantastic would be something reasonably priced that I could get locally.

So, basically, I'm looking for Proraso. But... for my head. And... in a shampoo.

Thanks, all.

[EDIT] So, I just saw this thread, don't know how I missed it. I see that there's a reccomendation for at least one shampoo, but if you want to make morein this thread, that'd be great...

For the best 'bargain' you might just try the Bronner's peppermint as shampoo too... that cool feeling is great... but the Bronner's as shampoo doesn't work well for all hair types so just give it a whirl to see.:smile:

Another vote for the AOS here, although I found the shampoo dried my hair far too much (and I have somewhat oily hair to start with). The conditioner, however, is heavenly.

Top Bottom