What's new

Coolest Cartoon

Hmm. I've been inspired to check Netflix for some of these old favorites. Turns out they have all 6 volumes of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection (now in queue), 3 volumes of Tom & Jerry (now in queue) and 1 volume of the Pink Panther (now in queue). No Roadrunner though :frown:.

I remember watching Southern Fried Rabbit! Are you saying it was never broadcast? If so, I wonder how I saw it.

You saw the cartoon. It was the one where Bugs went to Alabama because they had a record carrot crop, and Yosemite Sam was guarding the Mason-Dixon Line in a Confederate uniform. He didn't think the war was over yet. "I ain't no clock watcher!", he growls to Bugs. But there's a scene in the cartoon that is always edited out for broadcast television. They've included it on the DVD. It was the first time I've ever seen the bit.

Don

Hmm. I've been inspired to check Netflix for some of these old favorites. Turns out they have all 6 volumes of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection (now in queue), 3 volumes of Tom & Jerry (now in queue) and 1 volume of the Pink Panther (now in queue). No Roadrunner though :frown:.

Roadrunner cartoons are sprinkled throughout the Looney Tunes collection.

Don

Yeah, not much on nowadays for cartoons.

I have, much to my wife's chagrin gotten my son into Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. They show the old Tom and Jerry on Cartoon Network, when my son and I were in Canada there was a different network called Retro which showed T&J cartoons from the 80's -- those were awful. His favorite (and one of mine too) is Duck Amok. Daffy is the "star" and his scenes keep changing, makes my son laugh til tears come. I also love Barber of Seville -- there... you're nice and clean, although your face looks like it might have gone through a machine..."

A lot of the unedited looney tunes including Southern Fried Rabbit are on Youtube.

Trev

Cartoons? No Sir!
Not when I could see marionettes controlled in "Supermariontion" as in:
Supercar
Fireball XL5
Stingray
Thunderbirds
Captin Scarlet and the Mysterons
Diver Dan (OK, Diver Dan wasn't "Supermariontion")

And not to leave out Claymation
Davey and Goliath
The Gumby Show

Top Bottom