What's new

Cool Image...

It's all from here:
http://images.google.com/hosted/lif...ages?q=sinatra+shave&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&um=1
Check out his '60's-style tri-amped home stereo. Typical, guys like him who spend their professional life around music, don't always own the coolest gear.

Love the Sinatra pics!

While you are correct that musicians don't always have the latest and greatest in audiophile goodies, Sinatra's setup looks to me like it was pretty state of the art for that time.

Thanks!

I just finished a biography of Sinatra. He started with straights, moved to DEs, then on to disposables and then on to electrics. His pally Dean Martin, a life long electric user, was the one who urged him on to using an electric.

You can see his bald spot in back, so he may have been showing more than he preferred. He often joked he and God were going to a chat about his hair after his death.

You can see his bald spot in back, so he may have been showing more than he preferred. He often joked he and God were going to a chat about his hair after his death.

Yeah, spotted that too, actually surprised he didn'y have the pic and all negatives destroyed.

While you are correct that musicians don't always have the latest and greatest in audiophile goodies, Sinatra's setup looks to me like it was pretty state of the art for that time.

Yep. As the saying goes, you gotta give Frank credit . . . or he'll bust up your joint.

Tri-amping was, and still is, pretty rad, so I can't diss him for that. His system was certainly good enough to enjoy listening to Vic Damone.:biggrin:

But I was thinking that especially back then, (solid) state of the art was:

Top Bottom