Stopped at a small town antique store today and scored some neat things today
Here is what $40 got me...

Really happy to have found this Old type

Canadian model

Complete with a nice rusty blade :001_huh:

The very cool part is the engraving on the cap

As found,,, its a bit cruddy

Here is the cap cleaned up
The Vancouver Province is a newspaper from Vancouver B.C. (Canada)
I was born and raised in Vancouver so I think its a pretty neat
find

A before and a few after pics (still need to clean the silver handle a bit)

Here is the British Slim Twist...the case needs some work

The bottom before cleaning...I'm assuming the "L3" is a 1966 date code..which makes sense as that is when the U.S. Knack came out

Cleaned but not polished

A Rubberset brush, that might be nice restored

I like this Ever Ready Brush

Two Old Spice cologne glass bottles, the small one is almost empty but the large one is full

The Old Spice Short Cut jar is empty, I think I will put some pomade in it

The boxed Old Spice shaving mug is cool because it has a new, unused puck of Old Spice soap in it

Thanks for looking
Kevin

WOW nice haul you have there. That slim twist is a fantastic shaver. I am coming out to Canada next month and cannot wait to try a Canadian razor hunt.

Thanks for looking
Kevin

They did a mistake there, Vancouver ain't a province at all loll However it's scary because Vancouver actually would like to separate from BC and become a province....how did they knew about it 70 years ago ? : /

Last edited:
They did a mistake there, Vancouver ain't a province at all loll However it's scary because Vancouver actually would like to separate from BC and become a province....how did they knew about it 70 years ago ? : /

The OP says it is just the name of a newspaper.

I'd like to see a thread of old advertising/premium Gillette razors. There's the "Use Ivory Soap" model, and "Drink Coca-cola in Bottles" and, of course, the example above. There must be many others.

I'd like to see a thread of old advertising/premium Gillette razors. There's the "Use Ivory Soap" model, and "Drink Coca-cola in Bottles" and, of course, the example above. There must be many others.

I also have the Ivory Soap razor...

I dont have a Coke model but I have this SE razor with advertising for Salzer Electric Co.
:001_smile

Here's my Ivory Soap Gillette. It gets more use than any of my other razors.

$ivorysoap.jpg

Great haul. I really like the Vancouver razor, not seen one of those before. Always cool to see the vintage Old Spice stuff too.

Looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, what process did you use to get them cleaned up so nicely? I know everyone has their own technique and I've read the sticky, but with results like that...I have to ask lol thanks!

Top Bottom